Contribute
Register

AMD R9 290, disable one HDMI port (3 displays connected)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoQ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just setup my hackintosh, and I use the AMD R9 290, and I used this guide to set it up for Mojave:

If I have 3 displays connected at the same time (1xDVI and 2XHDMI), I get picture on both HDMI displays only. From what I have found out this does not because it does not support more than 2 displays on the same channel or something like that. However, 3 displays work in Windows.

I really don't need the third display at all in Mac OS, I only use it in Windows. So the best solution would be to disable one HDMI port in Mac OS. Right now I have to unplug one HDMI display, for it to work.

Is this possible? I know you set the number of ports in the config.plist, and I have it set to 4 ports as my card has that. Can I set it to 2 and specify which ports?

I just setup my hackintosh, and I use the AMD R9 290, and I used this guide to set it up for Mojave:

If I have 3 displays connected at the same time (1xDVI and 2XHDMI), I get picture on both HDMI displays only. From what I have found out this does not because it does not support more than 2 displays on the same channel or something like that. However, 3 displays work in Windows.

I really don't need the third display at all in Mac OS, I only use it in Windows. So the best solution would be to disable one HDMI port in Mac OS. Right now I have to unplug one HDMI display, for it to work.

Is this possible? I know you set the number of ports in the config.plist, and I have it set to 4 ports as my card has that. Can I set it to 2 and specify which ports?
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Sorry about that, I haven't been here for years, and I think that was not an option when I registered in 2011. Will fix that instantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back