i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey
I just updated my Catalina 10.15.7 to Monterey directly via Apple Update. That worked fine but my Nvidia GT710 Kepler GPU is not supported. I am using OpenCore 0.7.6 and have swapped the GPU out for a Sapphire R9 270x as I understood these to be supported natively by Monterey. However after the boot sequence (debug output) the graphics disappear (black screen) and that's all that happens. I can still use the iGPU of my i7 3770K (HD4000) with 1024x768 resolution or I can boot from a second disk into Catalina still, but am hoping someone clever can give me a pointer to the settings / kexts I might need to get the board (either, not too bothered which) working. I do not use the GPU for gaming, just Photoshop & Lightroom, so video performance is irrelevant to me. Using the hdmi connection. My monitor is an LG with 3440 x 1440pix.
Current config.plist is attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Using just the iGPU and booting into Monterey Hackintool is not showing the video card in the PCIe section at all.
Could it be that the BIOS just doesn't support this card, or could it be the wrong smbios? I'm using iMacPro1,1.

Try this config.plist. I changed SMBios to iMac13,2 per this guide based on the CPU. I changed the data value in "csr-active-config" to default value from what you had per this.

Suggestion; please remove serial number, etc. from your config.plist when you upload. Good luck.

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.6 KB · Views: 90
I changed SMBios to iMac13,2 per this guide based on the CPU
iMac13,2 is no good for Monterey :

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 23.42.36.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back