Contribute
Register

AMD or Nvidia graphics card with Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

many threads on the internet claimed that AMD cards have several issues with OS X. I'm planning to buy some midrange card. Is gonna be used with Mavericks.

It's going to be one of the following:
  • AMD R7 260X
  • AMD HD 7750
  • Nvidia GTX 760 (or 750 if it will be available soon)
  • Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I need the following features:
  • Triple Monitor support (2x 2560x1440, 1x 1920x1080)
  • HDMI (or Displayport) Audio

Does any of those chips run (not) out of the box?

I read that some people with AMD cards have trouble using 3 monitors. I didn't read anything like this about Nvidia cards.
Is it possible to have HDMI Audio out of the box? I don't mind modding DSDT, BUT I like it more if thinks work without any modding ;)

Hi,

many threads on the internet claimed that AMD cards have several issues with OS X. I'm planning to buy some midrange card. Is gonna be used with Mavericks.

It's going to be one of the following:
  • AMD R7 260X
  • AMD HD 7750
  • Nvidia GTX 760 (or 750 if it will be available soon)
  • Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I need the following features:
  • Triple Monitor support (2x 2560x1440, 1x 1920x1080)
  • HDMI (or Displayport) Audio

Does any of those chips run (not) out of the box?

I read that some people with AMD cards have trouble using 3 monitors. I didn't read anything like this about Nvidia cards.
Is it possible to have HDMI Audio out of the box? I don't mind modding DSDT, BUT I like it more if thinks work without any modding ;)

Looks like 10.9.1 is imminent so just wait a few more days to see what the results are like with
the new Radeon R7 & R9 cards that are now available.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...90x-our-hackintoshes-further-explanation.html

I already read about R9 series. But it's way too fast for me.

And as far as I read Nvidia 6xx and 7xx will run out of the box, even with 3-4 displays. So wanna have more trouble? :)

any idea of the compatibility of the r7 260x card yet? I can't get mine to show up correctly. It boots but shows up as a 3MB unknown GPU

please let me know. thanks

Hi Benneq,

I just stumbled upon this thread and was wondering on what graphics card you eventually decided.

I've got the same criteria, I'm running Mavericks (10.9.5), need triple monitors and -ideally- HDMI audio.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back