Graphics
Nvidia 650 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody! I have two graphics cards on my hackintosh, amd r9 290x and NVidia gtx 650 Ti, both running. I tried to connect a second monitor on nvdia to see what happens, unfortunately my second monitor goes black and without signal. I wonder to know if can make something like hybrid physix or something like intel HD + NVidia/ati, on these two cards(r9 290x+gtx 650ti)

Mixing AMD and NVIDIA has never worked well in OS X. Best stick with one or the other but not to mix both.

But can u send me guide or link to try? My AMD doesn't have VGA connector and my monitor doesn't support HDMI or DVI, that's why I want connect my second monitor on Nvidia card.

But can u send me guide or link to try?

There is no guide to using AMD and NVIDIA GPUs as it is not supported and is known to cause problems and conflicts.

My AMD doesn't have VGA connector and my monitor doesn't support HDMI or DVI, that's why I want connect my second monitor on Nvidia card.

Apple does not support VGA (15 pin D-sub) some people manage to use it on a single GPU but a growing number of people are having problems with older D-sub while using OS X.

I Suggest that you try a HDMI to VGA adaptor in the short term. Long term - change the second monitor to one that has HDMI/DVI-D connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back