Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD/Nvidia Primary Display with AirPlay Mirroring on Mavericks

A little closer?

Took out the duplicate and attached the IO reg file.....

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    266.8 KB · Views: 131

Hopefully this is correct file....

Attachments

• IORegCopy.zip
    534.5 KB · Views: 103

Further still. Miles to go before I sleep....

Enabled internal graphics (see attached photo), boot error (see attached photo). After crash on re-entering BIOS, the initial display first had switched from "enabled" to "auto".

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    490.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 313

Enabled internal graphics (see attached photo), boot error (see attached photo). After crash on re-entering BIOS, the initial display first had switched from "enabled" to "auto".
I'm confused, Init Display First would be PCI/Internal Graphics/Auto and Internal Graphics would be Enabled/Disabled/Auto; what changed?
Do you have a display connected to the HD4000? If yes, disconnect the display and then boot.

I'm confused, Init Display First would be PCI/Internal Graphics/Auto and Internal Graphics would be Enabled/Disabled/Auto; what changed?
Do you have a display connected to the HD4000? If yes, disconnect the display and then boot.

Initial Display First was set to "PCI". After the boot fail I went back to the BIOS and Initial Display First had been changed to "AUTO".

Nothing connected into HD4000.

Got mine working, and it is also "painfully slow". However, this problem went away with a workaround I stumbled onto. Your Mavericks install needs to be on P0 for this to work. The only change from this guide is a BIOS change; "PCI" to IGFX". Leave the Nvida card plugged into your monitor.

You won't see the boot screen until it's past Chimera, but there is probably a fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back