Contribute
Register

AMD/Nvidia HDMI Audio [Easy Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much, you are the life saver.:headbang:

Fantastic stuff.

I did not have any number of SSDT.aml. So I just copied SSDT-2.aml to my /Extra. And was not getting any audio from my GTX650.

Until I changed the SSDT-2.aml to SSDT.aml. And only then I could enjoy of HDMI Audio :)

Thank you for the info and the work put into it.

Question: Is it possible to include de same information of the SSDT-2 into the DSDT?

thanks a million !!! Running El capitan With HDMI on DELL xps 8700 thanks to this excellent simple guide !!!! :headbang:

Attempting to follow the guide. I can't seem to find the Display Name I can't seem to find any of the ones mentioned.
I am including my iojones file.

Attachments

• jmain_ioreg.iojones
    7.8 MB · Views: 150
Thank you Toleda for sending me the updated SSDT for the GTX 980. Still having issues with HDMI sound. I've attached a screenshot of my clover configurator ACPI screen as well as my EFI partition so you can ensure that I have done this right. Still no sound for some reason.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 12.52.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 12.52.59 PM.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 12.57.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 12.57.39 PM.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 184
Those Clover selections are what allows my machine to boot. Most have nothing to do with audio, but other features that my board needs to boot correctly. Every troubleshooting file requested is attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 245
  • bootlog.log.txt
    31.8 KB · Views: 187
  • SSDT.aml
    489 bytes · Views: 148
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • system.log.zip
    175.9 KB · Views: 90
Absolutely fantastic information guys.

I setup a dual boot 2 years ago and left the audio hdmi off as my son didn't need it. I have just passed the pc to my daughter and she needed the hdmi audio. I was reading through all the complicated ways of doing and then found this gem. I still cannot believe how easy you have made it :)

Many thanks

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back