RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys.
I have 2 PC's and my Z97X has crapped out.
Intel or AMD, that is the question. I have been out of the AMD market for so time and from what I can see for Ram, board and processor AMD is about half or 2/3 the price of a intel system.
So, what is a good board that works will with OC, I plan on re using my 980Ti because I am not going to pay the stupid prices on a AMD GPu.

Intel or AMD, that is the question. I have been out of the AMD market for so time and from what I can see for RAM, board and processor AMD is about half or 2/3 the price of a Intel system.
So, what is a good board that works will with OC, I plan on re using my 980 Ti because I am not going to pay the stupid prices on a AMD GPu.
Unfortunately, Nvidia no longer provides updated drivers for their newer GT/GTX/RTX graphics cards. Until the prices of newer AMD graphics cards return to normal, I can only recommend a used RX 560/570/580 that wasn't used for mining.

That said @CaseySJ has a Golden Build description that can give you some insight.

Also, @Middleman and @mannvera have User Build descriptions.

Unfortunately, Nvidia no longer provides updated drivers for their newer GT/GTX/RTX graphics cards. Until the prices of newer AMD graphics cards return to normal, I can only recommend a used RX 560/570/580 that wasn't used for mining.

That said @CaseySJ has a Golden Build description that can give you some insight.

Also, @Middleman and @mannvera have User Build descriptions.

Thanks man. Yes, the highest I can go with Nvidia is 10.13.6 but I am OK with that

Thanks man. Yes, the highest I can go with Nvidia is 10.13.6 but I am OK with that
Current AMD or Intel motherboards and CPUs may not be able to run High Sierra successfully (at least very few people have successfully done that).

Here is one person (Middleman) who succeeds in using Intel 10th generation hardware to run High Sierra :

Middleman also reported that after an upgrade to a new 11th i9 11900K, High Sierra continues to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back