Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am using this version of the AMD Radeon 7870 Graphics Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418

I'm running 10.9 on an Intel i5-4760K with the integrated graphics enabled and the first display set to IGFX. When I plug in my DVI monitor into the graphics card DVI port, OS X boots, but breaks when I try to switch workspaces (imaged attached). Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Boot.plist
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 8.36.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 8.36.28 PM.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20140116_201205.jpg
    IMG_20140116_201205.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 130
Disable onboard graphics? Why do you have them enabled? 7870 should boot fine natively with graphics set to PEG in BIOS.

I disabled the onboard graphics and it still doesn't work. When I plugged this graphics card into the PCIe 3.0 x8 slot, everything works. But when this graphics card is in the PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, I get this error.

Have you got a working DSDT? Also did you remove the IGPEnabler entry from your boot .plst?

If the card works fine in the x8 slot you could always leave it there, I doubt you'll notice any difference in day-to-day performance.

It could also be worth trying different framebuffer personalities and seeing if one of those plays nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back