Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just wanted to let everyone know that the 6570 is another usable card on osx86 boxes. I used a reference Sapphire 6570, and was able to boot with full acceleration using:

1.6 Chimera custom build. Bulrushes frame buffer needs to be specified in the ati.c source file due to poor coding in the injection process, as it cannot be injected as boot option)
Editing the Bulrushes frame buffer in ATI6000Controller to match the card BIOS settings
Standard HDMI edits in DSDT
Boot using ATIPorts=3 (still having trouble understanding this...)

My onboard audio was disabled with these hacks. I believe this can be fixed by further editing ATI6000Controller to not conflict. No edits are required to AppleHDA for HDMI audio, which is also enabled.

Good luck all!

DSH

That's GREAT news... now if I could only understand it I'd be able to get my 6570 working too. :)

I think I know what you're saying but I'm not sure how to do it, could you explain it in noob-speak?

Can anyone spell that out in steps that even I could follow? Anyone?

Yes, could you please provide more info on how you accomplished this?

Chimera 1.7.0 is supposed to be in the works so that might solve our problem... I hope, I hope.

Mine is working with full QE/CI in 10.6.8 snow leopard. It was enabled as soon as I updated to 10.6.8 with GraphicsEnabler=no. Only thing is, it shows as a different model

ATI Radeon HD NI40:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD NI40
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6759
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
VA1931 Series:
Resolution: 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: SA0112004655
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:
Display Connector:

I installed chimera 1.7.0 today and using AtiConfig=Bulrushes I get "Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6570 1024 MB" but it only works through my hdmi port which is lovely except I normally use a dvi cable for my monitor and the hdmi cable to the big screen for videos.

Now if I want to play a game I have to swap my monitor from dvi to hdmi, restart using bulrushes and if we want to watch a video I have to swap the monitor back to dvi, hook up the tv with hdmi and restart with the default frame buffer.... Am I missing something obviously simple that will resolve this issue?

boredoftheworld said:
I installed chimera 1.7.0 today and using AtiConfig=Bulrushes I get "Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6570 1024 MB" but it only works through my hdmi port which is lovely except I normally use a dvi cable for my monitor and the hdmi cable to the big screen for videos.

Now if I want to play a game I have to swap my monitor from dvi to hdmi, restart using bulrushes and if we want to watch a video I have to swap the monitor back to dvi, hook up the tv with hdmi and restart with the default frame buffer.... Am I missing something obviously simple that will resolve this issue?
Hmm... using a DVI-HDMI adapter is probably not what you've had in mind, was it?

shibirian said:
Hmm... using a DVI-HDMI adapter is probably not what you've had in mind, was it?

Yeah I don't think that solves the problem unless the dvi-hdmi adapter magically makes audio go to the tv.

boredoftheworld said:
shibirian said:

Yeah I don't think that solves the problem unless the dvi-hdmi adapter magically makes audio go to the tv.
Very true.

I am so used to my Soundblaster I always forget about modern days HDMI-Audio. :D

How the times are changing!

Well, in that case, how about a HDMI-manifold, like http://www.amazon.de/dp/B000UULCUM/?tag=tonymacx8603-21 for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back