Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all!

First, please be kind. I haven't touched by Hackintosh running Monterey for probably two years (since 10/2021) when I switched to OpenCore environment.

I am running an Intel i7 6700k quad on a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 mobo.

I am using the iMac 17,1 spec (Late 2015) to make this rig run.

I know Apple is moving forward in discontinuing support for Intel-based processors. My question is thus: Are there different system definitions I can use with my current parts to install Ventura or Sonoma or am I stuck on Monterey -- unless I upgrade my CPU/mobo?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hey all!

First, please be kind. I haven't touched by Hackintosh running Monterey for probably two years (since 10/2021) when I switched to OpenCore environment.

I know Apple is moving forward in discontinuing support for Intel-based processors. My question is thus: Are there different system definitions I can use with my current parts to install Ventura or Sonoma or am I stuck on Monterey -- unless I upgrade my CPU/mobo?

you can spoof a kabylake system and use Ventura

Hey all!

Since you are using a RX 580, you should be able to run MacOS Ventura by using a supported SMBIOS.

Not a problem at all to run Ventura on your system. You'll need to use a more recent SMBIOS and spoof the iGPU if you still want to use it. Otherwise you can completely disable it, rely on the RX580 only and switch to something like a MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.

I recommend checking this: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/ventura.html

After rehauling my EFI folder and config.plist and spoofing to Kaby Lake using iMac 18.2, I was able to boot up Ventura 13.6.

Almost everything is working apart from AppleID and my Fenvi WIFI/bluetooth FV-T919 --> only the bluetooth is not working at this point.

Going to try updating up to Sonoma next.

You lost Bluetooth because it's a USB1.1 device. I tried the USB1.1 root patches from OCLP, to no avail. What you need to do is use a USB2 Hub and connect the Bluetooth module via the HUB. you can you use a mix of internal/external adapters or make your own connector (essentially MB USB header to USB2 Hub, and Bluetooth internal header to normal USB plug, into the HUB).

You lost Bluetooth because it's a USB1.1 device. I tried the USB1.1 root patches from OCLP, to no avail. What you need to do is use a USB2 Hub and connect the Bluetooth module via the HUB. you can you use a mix of internal/external adapters or make your own connector (essentially MB USB header to USB2 Hub, and Bluetooth internal header to normal USB plug, into the HUB).
I'm actually running a NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub, which is connected to the USB2 on my mobo. It is also powering my USB 3.0/2.0 front panel and my Corsair H115i radiator.

I'm actually running a NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub, which is connected to the USB2 on my mobo. It is also powering my USB 3.0/2.0 front panel and my Corsair H115i radiator.
And Bluetooth still doesn't work?

So somehow my NZXT messed up my front USB 3.0 ports USB 3.0 header (which it is not connected to), my Corsair H115i radiator and my Fenvi Bluetooth. What I did was move my Fenvi to the USB2 2.0 header (by itself) and connected the H115i and the front USB 2.0 ports to the NZXT then removed and reseated the CMOS battery and everything reset and the bluetooth came online without further event.

So not an issue with software USB mapping...

This is on Sonoma but given it was a hardware issue, I anticipate it would have worked on Ventura as well.

Back