Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P
CPU
Ryzen 5 5600X
Graphics
RX 580
Hello all,

So, I've had my hackintosh up and running well for a couple of months. I was a hackintosh user back in the very early days and after quite a few issues upon doing security and system updates I decided to buy an iMac. Now 10yrs later, I sold the iMac and have built another hackintosh. Love the speed! Everything has been a learning experience again. This leads to my issue. When I turn computer on and clover starts normally you would see the HD's to boot. In my case I have just one drive. In clover config. I set the timeout to 3 seconds. Then clover boots my drive. Now what happens is clover starts and I don't see my drive. If I hit one of the arrow keys then clover gives me the option to boot my drive. Now I have to hit enter for it to boot. What am I missing? How do I get back to what it was before? Also I've been experimenting with opencore and when I boot my opencore thumb drive I get the opencore menu, but when I choose to the thumb drive clover starts. Again I can't see any drives to boot. I have to do what I mentioned above. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Chevy

Clover config.plist under the Boot section / DefaultVolume
default volume name should match your drive's name. To check it, open finder preferences and make sure Hard disks is checked to show on desktop. Whatever name your drive shows on the desktop is the name you need in the config.plist.

Clover config.plist under the Boot section / DefaultVolume
default volume name should match your drive's name. To check it, open finder preferences and make sure Hard disks is checked to show on desktop. Whatever name your drive shows on the desktop is the name you need in the config.plist.

I've done that. It's just strange how it was fine and the next day it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back