CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1060 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ever since I installed the 10.6.8 update I have to boot with the -f flag at my bootloader otherwise I get a white screen after the Apple Logo and OS X never starts up.

Has anyone had this issue or possibly have a fix for it?

Could it possibly be graphics related? I'm running Intel HD3000 integrated graphics off my Gigabyte Z68Mobo for now until my actual graphics card comes in. OS X doesn't fully recognize the Intel HD3000 and I can't run it at full resolution.

Here's my system specs.
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 Mobo - F9 Bios Version (installed the DSDT for this mobo that was provided by the TonyMac Site)
Intel i5 2500k Sandy Bridge Processor, overclocked to 4.5Ghz.
8GB Ram
700Watt ModXtreme Pro Power Supply
80GB Western Digital HD (Main Drive OS X is installed on)
500GB Segate HD(2 partitions one for Windows 7 the other for a storage that both windows and OS X can access with read/write privileges)
Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8

The issue was present before I added in the Segate HD and installed Windows 7 on it.
I'm using the bootloader that's off the latest version of MultiBeast v.3.10.1

Thanks in advanced.
-Mike

Re: Always have to boot with -f flag after 10.6.8 update

Try using the stand alone installer of chimera and then reboot with boot flag -f. After that you shouldn't have to boot using the boot flag anymore unless you edit/delete any kexts. My dad's laptop does that also. His doesn't take too kindly to the multibeast bootloader (even though it's still chimera lol) but when i use the stand alone installer it works fine.

Chimera stand alone installer + Multibeast [system utlities and apply any themes if you want one] then reboot with -f.

If that doesn't work.. well maybe someone else can give you a hand with that lol.

I'm having the same issue on lion (10.7.2). It works when I install using easybeast instead of user DSDT. If i install with DSDT i have to boot off of unibeast flash drive.

It could be that something in the DSDT is having a conflict with your system. What works for someone else just may not work for you. There are no DSDT's for my laptop so I had to do everything from scratch. After some trial and error (given a few days time) it's up and running perfectly. With that said, take note of everything that easybeast installs and look at what your DSDT installs. That would narrow some things down.

zero06si said:
Try using the stand alone installer of chimera and then reboot with boot flag -f. After that you shouldn't have to boot using the boot flag anymore unless you edit/delete any kexts. My dad's laptop does that also. His doesn't take too kindly to the multibeast bootloader (even though it's still chimera lol) but when i use the stand alone installer it works fine.

Chimera stand alone installer + Multibeast [system utlities and apply any themes if you want one] then reboot with -f.

If that doesn't work.. well maybe someone else can give you a hand with that lol.

Sorry it took me so long to report back, I've been so busy I haven't had time to even turn on my Hackintosh to mess around with it.

I did what you said and it worked perfectly! The first boot after I installed Chimera stand alone I booted with -f, after that I restarted and booted with no flag and it booted up perfectly!
Thank you!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to set my VGA output as my main Video output when it first boots, I have to put the computer in sleep mode directly after boot to get the video output to be routed to my VGA output, its weird, but, no big deal, I can deal with it! :)

chitownsox14 - Make sure you're absolutely positive that you have the correct DSDT for your motherboard. That happened to me when I used the wrong DSDT. It was for my motherboard but not for my Bios version, so double check that.

Glad it worked! Now you can enjoy your machine haha. I'm actually formatting my usb stick right now to do my desktop since my laptop is done.

zero06si said:
Glad it worked! Now you can enjoy your machine haha. I'm actually formatting my usb stick right now to do my desktop since my laptop is done.

I wish I could do my laptop, but the graphics card in it is not supported, I can't even get to the install screen and I tried everything.
I was trying to get OS X on my laptop before I went and ordered all the parts and built my own desktop.
Oh well, I needed a new computer anyways, and I've been wanting to build my own, this was my first build and from now on I'm always going to build my own tower, so much cheaper and you get better quality parts and extras.
Plus I was able to customize it to be fully compatible with ProTools, which is one of the main reasons I wanted a Mac, this is going to be a sweet addition to my studio, no more Cakewalk Sonar Windows stuff! WOOO! :D

Lol nice! That's one of the reasons I went to Lion also. I use FL studio but on mac there's just so much more to do that can help with that. Not to mention protools always crashed mid project on Win 7. But yeah, custom built always comes out on top lol. My desktop tower that's sitting in my parents closet is every bit of 5 years old and it still beats my friends alienware laptop that cost him almost $2,200 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back