Contribute
Register

Always boots into safe mode. Anyone have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it. Same result. Starts in Safe Mode.

May be you have to install Intel HD 4600 drivers through Multibeast 7.3. Drivers>Graphics>Intel Graphic Patch for Mixed Configuration

Did you mean that without Safe Boot (-x) , by just using only -v and other Graphics related flags,the booting got stuck? You could not take a screen image and you had to use -X in addition to the other flags?

Since you have no add on cards, I thought you really did not need GraphicsEnabler =Yes [or even No]
IGPEnabler=Yes is used for Integrated Graphics.
I mean that it boots into safe mode without the -x boot flag.

May be you have to install Intel HD 4600 drivers through Multibeast 7.3. Drivers>Graphics>Intel Graphic Patch for Mixed Configuration

Thanks. I will give it a try.

If it doesn't work, is there a simple way to remove the kexts installed by Multibeast so I can just start over?

Thanks. I will give it a try.

If it doesn't work, is there a simple way to remove the kexts installed by Multibeast so I can just start over?

Click Finder on Top Menubar>Preferences >[Check mark] Hard disks . Now you will have your Yosemite HDD on Desktop
Dbl-click Yos HDD>System/Library/Extensions.

If you know the kexts you have installed by their names , you can go to /System/Library/Extensions to locate each and then RIGHT-click >Send to trash

After that you need to run a Program like Kext Wizard[Freeware downloadable ] . Install that and then from Kext Wizard's Maintenance Menu Execute, Repair permissions and Rebuild cache of /System/Library/Extensions .

I tried it. Same result.

Any other suggestions before I start again?

Thank you.

I tried it. Same result.

Any other suggestions before I start again?

Thank you.

Sorry, I don't have any other fresh ideas. Good luck .

Try removing all of the following from your list:

Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > VoodooTSCSync > VoodooTSCSync 4 Core
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS ResetBootloaders > Chimera v4.1.0
Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7

I removed those. Now it no longer makes it to safe mode. It fails before then.

below is the screen picture:
image.jpg

I would start from scratch. Removing kexts isn't so hard but some of the choices in MultiBeast do other things so you have to look at each one and figure out what to do. That is why sometimes starting over is best when you haven't got much invested in a running system. You are still in the early stage.

Boot from your flash drive, use DiskUtils to format the partition fresh and install Yosemite again. Be careful not to include any of the things I listed when you use MutliBeast. Some of your prior choices were just wrong.

My motherboard is very similar to yours and I have the same CPU. But I use an Nvidia graphics card. If I understand correctly, you are using the on board graphics so you want GraphicsEnabler=No and IGPEnabler=Yes and iMac 14,1 for System Definition. Also, I needed Generate CPU States UNCHECKED which I think may be how you had it.

I don't see any useful info in your screenshot though others might.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back