Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I have been trying so many times to install Catalina without success. I am not a pro but can follow tutorials... and this is what I did, unsuccessfully.
I have Mojave working 100% fine on a SSD and I try to install Catalina on another SSD.

First I suspected that some BIOS issue could be the problem.

Here is a comparison of my Mojave BIOS setup and Catalina BIOS setup, as seen on some topics:

1. Save & ExitLoad Optimized Defaults
  2. M.I.T. → Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.) : Profile1 (Catalina) Disabled (Mojave)
  3. BIOS → Fast Boot : Disabled (Both configurations)
  4. BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled (Both configurations)
  5. BIOS → Storage Boot Option Control : UEFI (Both configurations)
  6. Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disable (Catalina) Enable (Mojave)
  7. Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled (Both configurations)
  8. Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto (Both configurations)
  9. Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled (Catalina) (Disabled) Mojave
  10. Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled (Catalina) Enabled (Mojave)
  11. Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled (Catalina) Enabled (Mojave)
  12. Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled (Both configurations)
1. Booting to install Catalina from both BIOS set up fail at the end with a white screen, although it seems that install is going fine with multiple reboots along the install process and my SSD being partitionned in 2 (Catalina and Data)... Any comment on that initial stage?

2. Regarding kexts I added Fake SMC, Lilu, USBInject all and WhateverGreen. All are latest version downloaded.

3. Here is enclosed my config.plist.

Any advice would be highly appreciated as I currently really don't know anymore what should I do :(...

Cheers ;-)

Attachments

• config.plist
    24 KB · Views: 116
Oups, sorry for the mistake...
The config.plist SMBIOS is blank.
Once you reach Clover Boot Manager (CBM) Screen on reboot, scroll down to Options_SMBIOS and type in Product Name: iMac 14,2 or 18,1 and then >Esc >CBM Screen and boot the USB installer and see if the Display issue is gone. In that case the problem is from config.plist_SMBIOS being blank and the current fix is temporary and should be done on each reboot during the installation ( there will be 2-4 reboots).

If you don't want to shut down and edit your macOSCatalina Beta USB installer's CLOVER/config.plist now, you can finish the installation but, for that on each reboot, you have to do the temporary fix in CBM screen _Options_SMBIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back