Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
At present, if I need to run Win7 I pop the old Win 7 HDD in to the CD carrier/ upgrade bay, and use F9 to select that bay as the place to start the boot from

I have just installed Clover and Yosemite on the main HDD.

Although it is no issue to use F9, just wondered if it is possible to set Clover to offer the other HDD as a boot option? or will it only work as a dual boot system if the Win installation is on the same physical HDD, but different partition?

Not major issue just wondering while i run a HP recovery on the Win 7 Disk, prior to a F50 BIOS upgrade.

Machine is as in my sig, HP4530s Sandy Core i5, if that is relevant.

At present, if I need to run Win7 I pop the old Win 7 HDD in to the CD carrier/ upgrade bay, and use F9 to select that bay as the place to start the boot from

I have just installed Clover and Yosemite on the main HDD.

Although it is no issue to use F9, just wondered if it is possible to set Clover to offer the other HDD as a boot option? or will it only work as a dual boot system if the Win installation is on the same physical HDD, but different partition?

Not major issue just wondering while i run a HP recovery on the Win 7 Disk, prior to a F50 BIOS upgrade.

Machine is as in my sig, HP4530s Sandy Core i5, if that is relevant.

It will work on a separate drive. What you need to do depends on how Win7 is installed (UEFI or legacy). You need to have "Fast Boot" disabled in BIOS in any case.

OK, thanks

Well it is a factory fresh install from the Recovery disk, not sure which it is set for by default

Factory restore done.
Just running the BIOS F50 upgrade then will do a fresh Yosemite install on the main SSD and go from there.

Thanks for the info at least now I know it is a possibility

OK, thanks

Well it is a factory fresh install from the Recovery disk, not sure which it is set for by default

Factory restore done.
Just running the BIOS F50 upgrade then will do a fresh Yosemite install on the main SSD and go from there.

Thanks for the info at least now I know it is a possibility

Win7 is generally installed legacy by the OEM (Win8+ is usually UEFI).

Make sure you read the notes regarding legacy dual boot in post #1 of the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back