Contribute
Register

Almost up and running, just a couple problems (nvidia drivers, usb3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth z97 Mk II
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
2x GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
El Capitan on z97 Asus Nvidia/Profile/USB3 issues, almost working though

For starters: here's my build

Intel i7 4790k 4.0ghz
Asus z97 Sabertooth MkII
16gb Corsair Ballistix Memory
2x Nvidia GTX 970 Reference cards
Asus Thunderbolt ex II card <not a priority atm
2x intel 535 128gb SSD's
1x samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd

Pre-install

I built a clover install USB via the 10.10 clover guide (only I did it for 10.11). I had trouble booting into it at first but got it sorted. I used -v, nv_disable=1, and cpus=1 in order to get the operating system installed.

Post Install

For my post install I followed the same suggestions 10.10 clover guide. I coppied the suggested kexts and for the config i used the config standard.

Audio issues (fixed)
I had issues using audio at first, but I used the cloveralc100 patch listed in this thread to fix it. I hyad to go in and change my outbound audio too, just fyi.

Video (issues)
I found the latest web drivers for nvidia 10.11.3 and installed them; however, no matter how many times I set it to use the web drivers, it will not. I believe I have to change the profile to 14,1 but I'm not sure how to do this safely. Could anyone confirm this? I am also getting a few graphical and UI issues.

20160206_182337(0)[1].jpg20160206_182339[1].jpg

The above pictures are one such graphical glitch. It's kind of a rolling blind effect. I experienced this on my old build and got it resolved by switching to the web driver. I cant seem to get it ot stay on the web driver at this point though =(.

additionally, I have a few UI issues (as I stated before)
When I scroll over an element where the icon should change, it doesnt, such as how I should have a text bracket when I hover over an input box
20160206_182720.jpg
or the icon for extending a window pane over a text box (this is often determined by what I did prior)
I also have another graphical issue where certain things are not the right color or changes follow the mouse
20160206_183234.jpg

if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue and get the web drivers to work, please let me know or point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Edit: Woops, I missed a couple things.

I am unable to get usb 3 to work even after using the fakepci.kext.

Update: i got the video card and graphical issues fixed by using nvda_drv=1. Still having issues witht the courser and having to double click at times

For starters: here's my build

Intel i7 4790k 4.0ghz
Asus z97 Sabertooth MkII
16gb Corsair Ballistix Memory
2x Nvidia GTX 970 Reference cards
Asus Thunderbolt ex II card <not a priority atm
2x intel 535 128gb SSD's
1x samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd

Pre-install

I built a clover install USB via the 10.10 clover guide (only I did it for 10.11). I had trouble booting into it at first but got it sorted. I used -v, nv_disable=1, and cpus=1 in order to get the operating system installed.

Post Install

For my post install I followed the same suggestions 10.10 clover guide. I coppied the suggested kexts and for the config i used the config standard.

Audio issues (fixed)
I had issues using audio at first, but I used the cloveralc100 patch listed in this thread to fix it. I hyad to go in and change my outbound audio too, just fyi.

Video (issues)
I found the latest web drivers for nvidia 10.11.3 and installed them; however, no matter how many times I set it to use the web drivers, it will not. I believe I have to change the profile to 14,1 but I'm not sure how to do this safely. Could anyone confirm this? I am also getting a few graphical and UI issues.

View attachment 175716View attachment 175717

The above pictures are one such graphical glitch. It's kind of a rolling blind effect. I experienced this on my old build and got it resolved by switching to the web driver. I cant seem to get it ot stay on the web driver at this point though =(.

additionally, I have a few UI issues (as I stated before)
When I scroll over an element where the icon should change, it doesnt, such as how I should have a text bracket when I hover over an input box
View attachment 175718
or the icon for extending a window pane over a text box (this is often determined by what I did prior)
I also have another graphical issue where certain things are not the right color or changes follow the mouse
View attachment 175719

if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this issue and get the web drivers to work, please let me know or point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Edit: Woops, I missed a couple things.

I am unable to get usb 3 to work even after using the fakepci.kext.
Not sure why you didn't use latest UniBeast which is built for 10.11+ but try the attached config.plist.Just rename the existing one.If you used Yosemite kexts that may also pose a problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 137
Video drivers is easy to fix:
You're currently booting with nv_disable=1, so the first thing you need to do is remove this argument.
To make the system load nvidia web drivers you need to add the following boot argument: nvda_drv=1, and disable nvidia injection in Clover Configurator or in the following section of config.plist
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            [COLOR=#008000]<key>NVidia</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000]            <false/>[/COLOR]
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Ah, nvidia application will probably keep showing OS X Default Graphics Driver, but if your glitches are gone, you're definitely using Web Drivers!

Thanks for all the feedback guys

As for why I used clovet, its because clover supports uefi and it was my understanding that unibeast didnt.

And as for the video driver, i got it working by adding a nvda_drv=1 arg. It cosmetically says that the driver isnt working, but ive tested it and it is.

I still havent gotten the usb 3.0 to work. But I will keep going at it. I am also still getting the issues with the cursor having the wrong icon and sometimes needing to double click things. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

As for why I used clovet, its because clover supports uefi and it was my understanding that unibeast didnt.
Unibeast from version 6 is shipped with clover in it

Unibeast from version 6 is shipped with clover in it

Knowing that's the case, I'm going to build a Test drive and see if I can get the install working how I want on another drive.

I am running into an issue with unibeast however. I downloaded el capitan from the app store and the latest version of unibeast. I set it up for UEFI and started the USB creation. It's been going about 30 minutes now and it still just says "copying files". it did open up a new window for a folder called "OS X Base system" which i've left alone. I'm doing this on a usb 2.0 drive in a usb 2.0 port inside of the el capitan os that I've gotten setup thus far.

is it taking a long time, and the window popping up, normal?

Knowing that's the case, I'm going to build a Test drive and see if I can get the install working how I want on another drive.

I am running into an issue with unibeast however. I downloaded el capitan from the app store and the latest version of unibeast. I set it up for UEFI and started the USB creation. It's been going about 30 minutes now and it still just says "copying files". it did open up a new window for a folder called "OS X Base system" which i've left alone. I'm doing this on a usb 2.0 drive in a usb 2.0 port inside of the el capitan os that I've gotten setup thus far.

is it taking a long time, and the window popping up, normal?
Yes,just let it run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back