I5 6600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GT 1030
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm getting a restart loop, but only after running Multibeast. After some trouble shooting yesterday, I decided sleep would help. Rather than continue a thread about something else, I figure I'll start a fresh one.

I had this issue last night where I could only load up my install of Sierra if the USB drive I used as my installer was plugged into the machine. I also had no internet, and no sound. This morning I reformatted my boot drive, reinstalled Sierra, went through setup, launched Multibeast, checked all the boxes I believe I'm supposed to for my machine (the internet worked this time, no audio), and then restarted.

The machine once again went into reboot loop. This time the USB drive being installed or removed from the machine didn't seem to make a difference, it just went into the loop anyway. I managed to take a picture of the text that appears just before the reboot loop.

Jacob

Attachments

• IMG_8020.JPG
    IMG_8020.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
I managed to take a picture of the text that appears just before the reboot loop.
DVMT Pre-Allocated setting in BIOS is likely set incorrectly. Required: 64mb or larger.

Thanks!! I changed it to 256MB, and it booted up! I don't know if there's a best setting here, but there was another reference to the DVMT memory also at 256, so I set it the same.

Now I still don't have audio, but I do have internet. If anyone has what I should do, please let me know. I'll start looking, but quick info is helpful.

Jacob

Thanks!! I changed it to 256MB, and it booted up! I don't know if there's a best setting here, but there was another reference to the DVMT memory also at 256, so I set it the same.

Now I still don't have audio, but I do have internet. If anyone has what I should do, please let me know. I'll start looking, but quick info is helpful.

Jacob
The Gigabyte GA-H110N has the Realtek ALC 887 audio chipset.
You get it working with Mulitbeast.
See here: http://www.multibeast.com/ or here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/categories/tonymacx86-downloads.3/
MultiBeast 8 - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > √ ALC887/888b, likely will need ssdt/HDEF, try ssdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg:hdef or ssdt_hdef-1-with_ioreg:hdef

Man, all this tech talk is hard to grasp. Thanks very much for your help. HorchaudiBMW.

So, if I have already run Multibeast (9.1) and installed the ALC887 driver, along with the Optional HDMI and 100 series options, then next would be to try the ssdt/hdef step you linked? The problem is, I'm not sure what to do with those files. I'm very lost at this point , I've been looking at this page, but I have no idea what to do with all that info.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752/

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back