CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
UHD630
Processor: 9700K
MB: Gigabyte Z390M
Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.3
Catalina 10.15.7

I can't find proper setting to make HD630 work. I was doing everything in OpenCore guide, but while macOS is loading I always get "[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver" for several seconds and when it loads. About this mac shows "Intel UHD Graphics 630 8MB". If I connect another monitor, system doesn't detect it. If I boot with two monitors connected, then both show the same and system still sees only one.
I'm trying all the ig-platform-id values from the whatevergreen list, but no luck yet.

Any help appreciated!

Attached: config plist (without IDs), files in my EFI/OC folder.

PS. I was planning to upgrade to Big Sur soon, but now I'm not sure is it better to make everything work on catalina and then move to new os, or maybe it will work on Big Sur?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 23.14.01.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 23.14.01.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 48
  • config.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 62
A little more info: motherboard has DP, HDMI, and DVI. I'm testing with HDMI and DVI monitors.
I've also tried hackintosh generated patches, by setting all ports to either DVI (digital) or HDMI types and hoping that at least one will start working. But it didn't.

After trying many id's and combinations I always get one of two: either I see "[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load" error and then monitor works but without hardware acceleration or there is no error in console, but then monitor just turns off.

OK, after reading Dortania guide and with some ideas from Framebuffer patching guide I finally was able to find a working solution! :)

DVI - works,
HDMI - works,
DP - works, if only one monitor is connected. When two are daisy chained, they are mirrored and system sees only one monitor.
All three at the same time - work!

Now the only question that's left - is it possible to make two monitors connected via DP work as separate monitors? If the same monitors are connected to RX580, they work as intended. Any ideas?

So, the most important part from plist:
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>