Contribute
Register

Almost perfect! GA-Z68AP-D3 rev. 2.0 Mountain Lion UEFI BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new MultiBeast solved the problem. Installed the 10.8 patched AppleIntlelCPUPowerManagement.kext, removed sleepenabler. Sleep seems to be working normally.....

Hmm, I have 10.7.4 parallel with Mountain Lion and it has the same problem. I used patched AppleCPUPowerManagement from 4.6.1 lion edition of multibeast. I'll try to use 5.0.1 it in both systems.

Today my computer went to sleep once again, but I don't know how long it worked.:)

___Just tried patching the RTC and AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext. No effect. And I still have problem with time detection. Monitor goes to sleep automatically after 2 minutes, but I setup 1 minute. It's very strange. I have fully working USB 2.0/3.0. I wrote all timers and USB in DSDT, even nvidia use only DSDT+kext. No enablers. OpenCL works at 970 Sala. I have no idea about it. Maybe we can exchange the DSDT.aml? Maybe it's problem with my RAM (Corsair Vengence DDR3 1333MHz 16GB).
Maybe it's something strange with my*HPET. Maybe it's about RTC. Because my RTC device has no IRQNoFlags. e-mail me on [email protected] please for about dsdt. I think it will be useful to take a look at different devices on the same board. Usefull for future update of one of the devices I think. Sleep works only manually or after unknown period of time.

I had the thought to completely obliterated my hard drive, using Ubuntu 'parted' to completely remove all partitions including the boot partition. The reason for this is that nobody really explains what is left behind when you remove kexts, or what chimera uses to boot - ie reinstalling may leave artefacts from previous installations.
I installed from scratch using Unibeast with -f to gain immediate keyboard/mouse control. I then;
Rebooted using Unibeast with -f and went through OSX setup
Once finished, I used the latest MultiBeast 5.0.2 and chose the new UserDSDT option.
Note - at this point my display was only 1024x768 and no Display was recognised.
On reboot, OSX loaded and I had immediate keyboard/mouse control without -f. not only that but I had full HD 1920x1080 and my Display was recognised (LG Television, Flatron M227WD)
NOTE - I did not get "Still waiting for root device" at this point (as I did with previous MultiBeast UserDSDT)
I found that I had no LAN so I re-ran Multibeast and restarted ...back to 1024x768 :thumbdown:
I noted that my Display information was showing 512MB when it was HD and only 64MB when it was 1024x68 so I powered down, started, and went into UEFI to change the graphics to 512MB.
When I restarted, my screen was completely garbled and I had to power off and change back to 64MB.
At some point I got the 'central black box error' and everything froze with the message to press power to shut down.
On restart, I was back to full HD (512MB), I reinstalled FakeSMC from Multibeast for good measure and restarted, still in full HD (and Youtube does not flicker anymore).
I'm really not sure where that leaves me, perhaps my system will prove to be unstable.

I have also installed the USB3 kext from MultiBeast and have been able to access my flash drive (not USB3). this caused a kernel panic with previous MultiBeast.

If the system proves to be stable, I am also there ...but I still have no sound through HDMI (output/green jack works as "Internal Speakers")...and from what I have read, I have to create a DSDT ....arrrgggghhhh, I thought UEFI got rid of the need for that :banghead:
***EDIT*** I have since reinstalled as I found my system is unstable as it sometimes freezes, it can also freeze and show the 'black box instruction' to use power button to power down.
My initial attempt without DSDT also resulted in system freeze. The following was installed from Multibeast 5.0.2;
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation (MacPro3.1, fakeSMSC, Chimera, AppleRTC)
Drivers-Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-Without DSDT-ALC889
Drivers-Disk-TRIM Enabler
Drivers-Network- Realtek Gigabyet Ethernet

I have added;
Drivers-Patched AppleIntelCPUPower
hopefully this will resolve stability (and I will try to remember to update)

NOTE - you have to have an edited DSDT for HDMI audio. I have successfully done this but I am trying to work out stability. If you have used Audio-Without DSDT and wish to use a DSDT, removing the HDAEnabler kext was sufficient to enable the DSDT functionality (eg HDAEnabler889.kext)

I have added the dsts
with and without hd4000 HDMI audio (for GA-Z68AP-D3 UEFI BIOS Ua5 and IvyBridge)
Credit to @toleda for sorting out the last errors

Attachments

• after_clean_compile_and_amended.aml.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 96
  • post-HDMI dsdt_amended.aml.zip
    15 KB · Views: 97
A few things to try - 1) Get rid of the DSDT.aml file if you are using the UEFI BIOS - not needed at all. I was using the FD version on this site until I updated to UEFI BIOS. I do not have one to send you that is any different. 2) what system definition are you using? I use iMac 12,2.
3) As for the time, you can go into your BIOS and manually change the date/time to current. Then when you are in ML, under settings manually select location to Iceland/Greenwich Mean Time Zone. Then manually set you clock to the local time - you will solve the BIOS clock being ahead/behind your local time.

As for the RTC and power management, I know that the 550 ti causes problems with sleep and they are asking for feedback on issues. I am pretty sure they have the same 40 nm design and use similar architecture so chances are that is the culprit behind your sleep inconstancies. Do a quick read of the forum on this site that discusses it.

Hmm, I have 10.7.4 parallel with Mountain Lion and it has the same problem. I used patched AppleCPUPowerManagement from 4.6.1 lion edition of multibeast. I'll try to use 5.0.1 it in both systems.

Today my computer went to sleep once again, but I don't know how long it worked.:)

___Just tried patching the RTC and AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext. No effect. And I still have problem with time detection. Monitor goes to sleep automatically after 2 minutes, but I setup 1 minute. It's very strange. I have fully working USB 2.0/3.0. I wrote all timers and USB in DSDT, even nvidia use only DSDT+kext. No enablers. OpenCL works at 970 Sala. I have no idea about it. Maybe we can exchange the DSDT.aml? Maybe it's problem with my RAM (Corsair Vengence DDR3 1333MHz 16GB).
Maybe it's something strange with my*HPET. Maybe it's about RTC. Because my RTC device has no IRQNoFlags. e-mail me on [email protected] please for about dsdt. I think it will be useful to take a look at different devices on the same board. Usefull for future update of one of the devices I think. Sleep works only manually or after unknown period of time.

You can try the below DSDT. I extracted, patched, & compiled it from my build while using the UEFI BIOS. There are a couple errors and warnings however that I do not hink are critical. I am not using it though so I am not sure it works. If you get a blank screen after boot, reboot put the flag DSDT=NULL at boot screen and remove the .aml file from extra. Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• UEFIDSDT.aml.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 122
... at the boot screen I get a ton of artifacts and then the system calls for a reset.

Can all those with successful builds using onboard graphics tell me what they have set their UEFI settings to?
The highest I can set Peripherals-Internal Graphics Memory Size to is 224M, any higher and I get a screen full of artefacts.
I am wondering if this is the cause of my stability problems as I have read the settings should be the same as that used by OSX.
If I view About This Mac-Displays, I see
Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB graphics

Also, I find that my screen resolution often drops to 1024x768 at startup (ie at the point of logging on after boot), when this happens, OSX takes longer to start up (white screen with apple logo) as though it times out and chooses a default, also my display type is not identified.
Does anybody else have this problem?
Considering the only interface to my display is HDMI, does anybody know if you need a high quality cable for the display identification to work properly?

I have problems with this mainboard, all its working well, but doesnt power off. :(.

SleepEnabler its working but doesnt work the power off,the hackintosh shout down but doesnt power off,i tried to install the path NULLCPUpowerManagent for EUFI bios.

Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back