Contribute
Register

Almost done:) Just sleep and audio left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD3R Rev 1.6
CPU
Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.8GHz
Graphics
Asus ATI-Radeon 4890
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Almost done:) Just sleep left!

Hi!

I`m almost done with my Mountain Lion build! The two things that still don't work is wake from sleep and audio. I guess the sleep issue is the same as i had in Lion, and was fixed by patching AppleRTC.kext with something like this:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Since i don't know any perl, i don't know if this patch will work for mountain lion.

Second is the audio. I have used ALC8xxHDA.kext and AppleHDA Rollback as long as i remember, but this time i did not get audio. In system profiler i can see all my connections, but in preferences there are no inputs or outputs. I see that in multi beast 4.6.1 there is a patched 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext. I`m not sure what its for, but i might have to try it.

I could of course just test this out, but i really don't want to break my setup now. Don`t want to start over!

All tips and pointers will be appreciated :)

Audio is working!! :)

I installed ALC8xxHDA for legacy ALC 888 and patched AppleHDA.kext v100202 Legacy. I did not know my system is already "Legacy" :) Still kicks ass tough!

I`m still weary interested if you are patching AppleRTC.kext in ML, and if you are using the same patch as in Lion. I really want to get sleep working

If anyone else have audio issues it`s system 1 in my signature i`m working on, so if you have same/similar system try using the legacy kexts!

3rd time lucky!

I used the AppleRTC patch from the "I can´t get no sleep" thread
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
Now i got both audio and sleep + everything else.

A success build!!!
Just ran geekbench and cinebench with the same score as in Lion, so i´m pretty sure all is god :)

Probably time to stop talking to my self. I figured when i had started a thread it was ok too post as i figured things out ...

Can you post the link for the sleep?

Audio is working!! :)

I installed ALC8xxHDA for legacy ALC 888 and patched AppleHDA.kext v100202 Legacy. I did not know my system is already "Legacy" :) Still kicks ass tough!

Which layout-id do u have in DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back