Contribute
Register

Almost done, I think (Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270N Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1070Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
So I've got my first hackintosh up and running! Thanks for a great resource everyone.

Using Unibeast (with laptop support) and Multibeast (with no DSDT) I've achieved near complete functionality. I only had to install the Realtek kexts with Multibeast to get general audio.

My only issues so far appear to be HDMI audio, sleep, and bootloader. I've been racking my brain all over this site to determine which is the best way for enabling HDMI audio. Each guide is different. Also, I can Shutdown, Restart, and put the system to sleep but it never wakes up. Yes I've installed FakeSMC.kext. Lastly, no matter which bootloader I install (I've used both the latest versions of Chimera and Chameleon) my system kernel panics or freezes during boot. The only way I can get it to boot is by booting to my Unibeast created installer and choosing from there. That works every time.

Any ideas to help me get to 100% with this thing?

about-this-mac.jpg

When you try to boot from HDD, can you get to the Chimera screen? If so, stop the boot process by hitting the space bar and then try adding some boot flags.

GraphicsEnabler=NO

-x -v PCIRootUID=1

ncpi=0x2000

in some combination. If it boots with some combination, you can choose the appropriate boot options in MultiBeast/Customization.

You will get a lot of text on the screen, if it KPs you will usually be able to see it and frequently there is a hint.

It turns out it was the GraphicsEnabler. Setting it to NO fixed my boot issues. Thanks, SnapMan!

I tried using the DSDT for my motherboard and it somehow changed my graphics card. Now it's only seen as a generic controller with 64MB of RAM. How do I switch it back to HD3000 graphics?

Remove the graphics card.....if it doesn't want to boot, I think you need GE=NO for built-in graphics too.

I think the default in BIOS is to use a PCI card if present, but default to built-in if not.

Ok I got things working again (just started over). After installing Chimera my system KPs during boot at com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. This happens when using the latest version of Chameleon too. Any ideas?

Why aren't you using a DSDT? My personal preference is to always use one if it is available. The DSDT gets sleep, reboot and shutdown working without having to fiddle with more kexts.

If you are getting a KP at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, it is probably that EasyBeast installed NullCPUPowerManagement and it is causing some conflict.

EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for Core 2 or Core i systems. It installs all of the essentials to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers or Graphics support beyond GraphicsEnabler. Includes Chimera v1.6.0 r1394, FakeSMC, LegacyAppleRTC, EvOreboot, JMicron36xATA, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA, NullCPUPowerManagement, USB Rollback, tonymacx86 Remixed theme. 64-Bit org.chameleon.Boot.plist and MacPro3,1 smbios.plist. Install with System Utilities tasks.

The 3 kexts EasyBeast installs that are most likely to cause issues: LegacyAppleRTC, EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement.

Everytime I use a DSDT it fouls up my graphics. When I do a clean install using Multibeast everything functions fine (except HDMI audio, sleep, and boot loader). I'm trying to install as little as possible to get this thing functioning 100%. I haven't used Easybeast at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back