Intel HM175, Clover v4200
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, guys and gals!

First of all, I'd like to extend my warmest and sincerest thanks to all of those that have made this forum (and the other useful ones) possible. Frankly, from everything that I've done over the past few hours, RehabMan deserves a friggin' crown!

Now, onto the meat of the thread.

A friend of mine purchased an HP 15-r202nq. Since I own the venerable ProBook 4540s, I figured I'd try installing OS X 10.11 on his machine, too. It's been a fun time, until now, but I've reached the end of my wits and am asking for further help.

What I did:
- followed, from the Yosemite Laptops forum, almost all of RehabMan's threads. I installed OS X 10.11 GM Candidate using Clover and a minimal set of .kexts, installed on both my Clover EFI partition and S/L/E.
- .kexts installed: a) IntelBacklight b) ACPIBatteryManager c) FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 d) FakePCIID e) FakeSMC f) GenericUSBXHCI g) RealtekRTL8100 h) VoodooPS2Controller i) VoodooHDA
- patched DSDT with the recommended patches from the HOW TO PATCH DSDT/SSDT thread
- patched SSDT for Brightness Controls, following RehabMan's guide again

Instead of listing what works, I'll list what surely doesn't work, as of yet:
- WiFi (since it's a Realtek, I guess we'll have to change it, like I did on my 4540s)
- Battery (THIS is my major issue, I have no idea what to do here... Even after reading the guide, I'm stumped. If I get help for one thing, PLEASE LET IT BE THIS.)
- Backlight / Brightness Control Fn Keys - the special keys work for all other events (Volume Mute / Plus / Minus etc.) but not for the Backlight. Do note that Brightness can be changed from Settings.

Am I missing any other thing I should do for this laptop, guys? I've seen patches for GFX -> IGPU renaming, for better Power Management, but I have no idea what that means. Also, the laptop features a GeForce 710M (if I'm not mistaken)... Once NVIDIA Alternate Drivers are launched for El Capitan, would that mean that the video card would work for my friend?

For any further help, what files should I provide? I've dumped all my DSDT/SSDT from Ubuntu 15.04.

Anything else I'm missing? Anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance for all your help, guys!

Hello, guys and gals!

First of all, I'd like to extend my warmest and sincerest thanks to all of those that have made this forum (and the other useful ones) possible. Frankly, from everything that I've done over the past few hours, RehabMan deserves a friggin' crown!

Now, onto the meat of the thread.

A friend of mine purchased an HP 15-r202nq. Since I own the venerable ProBook 4540s, I figured I'd try installing OS X 10.11 on his machine, too. It's been a fun time, until now, but I've reached the end of my wits and am asking for further help.

What I did:
- followed, from the Yosemite Laptops forum, almost all of RehabMan's threads. I installed OS X 10.11 GM Candidate using Clover and a minimal set of .kexts, installed on both my Clover EFI partition and S/L/E.
- .kexts installed: a) IntelBacklight b) ACPIBatteryManager c) FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 d) FakePCIID e) FakeSMC f) GenericUSBXHCI g) RealtekRTL8100 h) VoodooPS2Controller i) VoodooHDA
- patched DSDT with the recommended patches from the HOW TO PATCH DSDT/SSDT thread
- patched SSDT for Brightness Controls, following RehabMan's guide again

Instead of listing what works, I'll list what surely doesn't work, as of yet:
- WiFi (since it's a Realtek, I guess we'll have to change it, like I did on my 4540s)
- Battery (THIS is my major issue, I have no idea what to do here... Even after reading the guide, I'm stumped. If I get help for one thing, PLEASE LET IT BE THIS.)
- Backlight / Brightness Control Fn Keys - the special keys work for all other events (Volume Mute / Plus / Minus etc.) but not for the Backlight. Do note that Brightness can be changed from Settings.

Am I missing any other thing I should do for this laptop, guys? I've seen patches for GFX -> IGPU renaming, for better Power Management, but I have no idea what that means. Also, the laptop features a GeForce 710M (if I'm not mistaken)... Once NVIDIA Alternate Drivers are launched for El Capitan, would that mean that the video card would work for my friend?

For any further help, what files should I provide? I've dumped all my DSDT/SSDT from Ubuntu 15.04.

Anything else I'm missing? Anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance for all your help, guys!

GenericUSBXHCI.kext does not work on 10.11.

VoodooHDA not recommended. Read FAQ for info on patched AppleHDA.

There is likely a battery patch already for your DSDT in the patch repo.

Brightness keys are covered in the backlight guide.

Sticky guides/FAQ here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Suggestion: work on one thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back