10.10.5 on Z77-DSZ77-DS3H
CPU
intel i7 3770 K 3.5ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Geforece GTX 960 4GB Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
photo.jpg

My Z77 d3sh is on f9 so i think my bios are correct, but i still get this every time i boot.
After fiddling with multi beast managed to break my audio. but that can be solved next.

I can boot into -x but get graphics errors in safari and other apps.
HDMI/DVI/VGA ports do no work on motherboard and only 1 of 2 DVI ports work off video card.

HELP!

Problem is VoodooHDA but you already knew that right? It can't coexist with AppleHDA, its either one or the other...

Hi,

just check if you have the AppleHDA.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. If so then rename it to AppleHDA.kext.back for example. Build kext cache new and restart your system.

Ciao

That would be grand but i dont have the AppleHDA.kext which is where im confused..
I have the voodoo.kext of course so as i search for the AppleHDA manually and via terminal i get nothing.

**Update**

i removed voodoohda.kext from the extensions folder, then just dragged it back in. it said kext may not go in properly etc. but rebooted and that KP was gone!

although im getting a KP with the appleTEMCEDriver.kext but from what I read you can delete that. so here goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back