Install Xcode - Apple Developer
Install GitHub Desktop
Clone GitHub - acidanthera/AppleALC repo
Local repo: install Lilu.kext
Local repo: compile AppleALC (double click AppleALC.xcodeproj) If not successful, full stop
Edit: Local repo/Resources/ALCxxx/layout1.xml and PlatformsT.xml and Resources/PinConfigs.kext/Contents/Info.plist as noted in Customization Guide
Backup edited files
Compile, install AppleALC.kext (~/Library/Developer/Xcode/ ...)
I also have a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming Motherboard and have the same problem of SPDIF-Motherboard-Output.
I am inexperienced with all the things toleda described and the instructions given are not enough for a dummy like me. I am sorry.
I came so far:
1. Installed Xcode
2. Installed GitHub Desktop
3. Clone GitHub - acidanthera/AppleALC repo
4. Install Lilu.kext (@artooks Thanks for the hint with the development version)
5. Built AppleALC with Xcode successfully (before making any changes)
1. What changes do I have to make with the layout1.xml? I could not find this information in the Customization Guide.
2. I opened the PlatformsT.xml with an text editor. There are two places with number 30 and 6. Do I have to replace both or just the last one? I can't make sense out of the information "Item 0/NodeID/Number/30". For example, I don't find any xml-tag "item".
3. I have a file Resources/PinConfigs.kext, but no folder/file Resources/PinConfigs.kext/Contents/Info.plist. I don't get this part.