Graphics
nVida gtx 545
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I am trying to turn my alienware x51 into a hackintosh. I have been trying to follow the guide very carefully. Some of the things it says to do, don't actually do anything. Others I can't seem to find those options anywhere.

I am stuck somewhere between step 3-4. I managed to get everything going there for a bit where I got the white screen with the apple and half way through that it turns off and I get a black screen of nothingness and it never does anything from there. I was thinking it's probably a driver problem of some sort. I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had more guy friends to ask, I am just stuck here and want my hackintosh up and running.

Hi, Im also having issues with trying to Hackintosh my X51, Im stuck at trying to boot from the flash drive. Maybe I didn't set the BIOS correctly? The A06 BIOS is confusing. Maybe we can figure it out together? If you are still on this forum?

Hi I'm still here. I have kinda given up for now trying to make it work. I would love for it to really work. I also agree with you that I think it's the bios.

Hi Alienware x51 users,

I managed to get Yosemite 10.10.10 booted up using latest Clover ver3259 thru SSD on external casing USB 3.0.
My x51 configuration is CPU i7 4770, GTX 760 Ti, 12GB RAM.

Bios settings:
- Either AHCI or IRST will work for me
- UEFI boot mode
- No secure Boot Mode

Fixed the following using MultiBeast:
1) Audio - Select Realtek ACL898 with HDAEnabler Audio ID: 2 (dont use ACL892). Also dont use VoodooHDA as it will crashed your system and not bootable.
2) Ethernet - Select RealtekRTL8111 ver 2.0. Also place one copy in EFI so boot loader is network ready when rebooted.

WIFI & Bluetooth:
3) WIFI - Select toledaART.kext
4) Bluetooth - BrcmPatchRAM.kext

(3) & (4) - Run wireless_bcm94352_100_v3.0bcommand and later follow by Kext Utility. Because i tried so many combinations I can't really for sure what made it works. One thing for sure is that existing drivers/method already out there. Just figuring out how to get it to works. :)

My dual screen is also working so I am pleased with what I had achieved so far. Time to rest...

Next, it should be mapping numeric pad to work correctly.

Hi Alienware x51 users,

I managed to get Yosemite 10.10.10 booted up using latest Clover ver3259 thru SSD on external casing USB 3.0.

Bios settings:
- UEFI boot mode
- No secure Boot Mode

1) Audio - Select Realtek ACL898 with HDAEnabler Audio ID: 2 (dont use ACL892). Also dont use VoodooHDA as it will crashed your system and not bootable.
2) Ethernet - Select RealtekRTL8111 ver 2.0. Also place one copy in EFI so boot loader is network ready when rebooted.

WIFI & Bluetooth:

(3) & (4) - Run wireless_bcm94352_100_v3.0bcommand and later follow by Kext Utility. Because i tried so many combinations I can't really for sure what made it works. One thing for sure is that existing drivers/method already out there. Just figuring out how to get it to works. :)

My dual screen is also working so I am pleased with what I had achieved so far. Time to rest...

Thank you so much! My Alienware x51 r2 with similar specs to yours works very well on Clover! Just need to figure out how to enable bluetooth and I can't install apps through the app store then i will be all set.

Thanks!

My Bluetoolth and App Store are working. I have been installing updates from AppStore.
Only problem I have is sound lost after rare situation. The quick solution is to spring into "quick sleep" mode.

The other problem maybe only support of 2.4GHz for WIFI. I think 5GHz need some other efforts.

Hi Alienware x51 users,

Bios settings:
- UEFI boot mode
- No secure Boot Mode

WIFI & Bluetooth:

What model do you have ? Alienware X51 R1 or R2 ?

I have a Alienware X51 R2, i7-4770 with the gtx 750ti (?). These threads have intrigued my interest in seeing if i can switch from my mac mini with a dual core to my i7 machine.

Hello,

I've got an X51 with i5 2320 and GT545 8 gb Ram.

I can't figure out the boot flags with clover.

On bootup it will say System uptime in Nanoseconds and then freezes.
Can't find any solution. Can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back