Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG 390-F
CPU
Coffee Lake i7
Graphics
RTX 2070 Super
Guys I am trying to figure out why my Atheros E2200 Ethernet doesn't show up in Sierra 10.12.2 under Network, as I need to get en0 to work. Used Kext Utility for Atherose2200ethernet.kext 2.2, removed network devices under Network, deletes NetworkInterface.plist and preferences.plist, rebooted and.... nothing under Add (+) in Network.

Any ideas? I've literally spent two nights on this and just can't figure it out on my own (Hackintosh noob here).

Most of my Installation I have from this guide, which has helped me tremendously, as everything but Ethernet works: http://beyondspec.org/2017/01/04/the-foreigner-macos-sierra-10-12-2-on-an-alienware-13-r3-2016/

Please help!

Guys I am trying to figure out why my Atheros E2200 Ethernet doesn't show up in Sierra 10.12.2 under Network, as I need to get en0 to work. Used Kext Utility for Atherose2200ethernet.kext 2.2, removed network devices under Network, deletes NetworkInterface.plist and preferences.plist, rebooted and.... nothing under Add (+) in Network.

Any ideas? I've literally spent two nights on this and just can't figure it out on my own (Hackintosh noob here).

Most of my Installation I have from this guide, which has helped me tremendously, as everything but Ethernet works: http://beyondspec.org/2017/01/04/the-foreigner-macos-sierra-10-12-2-on-an-alienware-13-r3-2016/

Please help!

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hey man, thanks for getting back to me :). Here is the zip file, although I am sure it's not a 100% correct, as I didn't fully get the "Provide output (in Terminal)" & "Attach output of (in Terminal)". I am not sure how to attach the output of these two steps, so pasted everything into a text file... what would be the correct way?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
Not sure if this means much, but in IORegistryExplorer I can see AtherosE2200 -> Driver_Version 2.2.0, which is what I installed.

Not sure if this means much, but in IORegistryExplorer I can see AtherosE2200 -> Driver_Version 2.2.0, which is what I installed.

Something is going wrong in the driver.
Check that you have the latest version and check your system log.
Check also BIOS settings (any network boot/network stack should be disabled).

I have the latest version, I disabled everything network-related in the bios :(

I really don't know what else to do... I even did a fresh install of Sierra just in case.

I did everything mentioned in the guide, which is the exact (!) same model with the exact same hardware. He didn't even have to disable anything regarding the network in his bios settings

I have the latest version, I disabled everything network-related in the bios :(

I really don't know what else to do... I even did a fresh install of Sierra just in case.

I did everything mentioned in the guide, which is the exact (!) same model with the exact same hardware. He didn't even have to disable anything regarding the network in his bios settings

Check your kernel logs.

I will have to look up how to check kernel logs. The zip I attached wasn't helpful?

Here is something interesting I spotted during bootup: "Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: region #0 not an MMIO resource, aborting"

Assuming I am a complete noob/idiot: could this be related?

EDIT: Is this how it's done?
(open terminal)
cd /var/log
cat kernel.log

In my case this doesn't yield any results.

Here is something interesting I spotted during bootup: "Ethernet [AtherosE2200]: region #0 not an MMIO resource, aborting"

Assuming I am a complete noob/idiot: could this be related?

Very likely a problem... Refer to the source code to determine what that means...

I edited my last post just when you replied. Could you have a look?

Man, I know nothing about source codes and the likes... I really am a noob :(
The deeper I dive, the more confusing it becomes. How would I refer to the source code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back