Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello folks,

My Specs are :

Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM (6MB Cache, up to 3.3GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0) => Ivy Bridge
6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1 600 MHz
256GB SSD SAMSUNG Serie 830 SATA3 6Gb/s
17.3" 120Hz w/ 3D Bundle WideFHD (1920 x 1080) WLED LCD
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M with 2GB GDDR5 memory
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di with THX TruStudio Pro Software
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 with Bluetooth 4.0

I've create mountain lion usb install drive with a vmware lion virtual machine using App Store 10.8 and unibeast.

But when i boot on it i have the "still waiting for root device" message (I have and A05 unlocked bios with AHCI in place of RAID). I add 3 pictures, one of the error and two of the AHCI in bios.

Any idea please ?

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    544.5 KB · Views: 1,272
  • Bios1.JPG
    Bios1.JPG
    692.1 KB · Views: 2,400
  • Bios2.JPG
    Bios2.JPG
    684.3 KB · Views: 3,328
Turn off xHCI, which is USB 3.0 capabilities, from the BIOS, if u can.

You are most probably missing the sata controller kext, go take a look at the R3 thread and test to see if the kexts from there can help you.

Turn off xHCI, which is USB 3.0 capabilities, from the BIOS, if u can.

I've tried that but the problem is the same with xHCI disabled. Thanks

You are most probably missing the sata controller kext, go take a look at the R3 thread and test to see if the kexts from there can help you.

I'm trying to find kext for the sata controller but find nothing for the moment (M17X R3 is a HM67 chipset and R4 is a HM77 chipset)... if you find a link it would be welcome. Thanks

hey, i have an m17xr3 and had a similar problem, i wanted to be able to boot with the bios set to raid mode rather than ahci for my existing windows 7 install. normally trying to boot with raid mode on in bios gave me a "still waiting for root device" error. after a google search i found a kext which soved the problem. cant remember which site it came from exactly.

anyway here it is:
View attachment LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext.zip

seeing as the m17x r3 and r4 are similar it might work for you as this kext supports a number of chipsets.

hey, i have an m17xr3 and had a similar problem, i wanted to be able to boot with the bios set to raid mode rather than ahci for my existing windows 7 install. normally trying to boot with raid mode on in bios gave me a "still waiting for root device" error. after a google search i found a kext which soved the problem. cant remember which site it came from exactly.

anyway here it is:
View attachment 29571

seeing as the m17x r3 and r4 are similar it might work for you as this kext supports a number of chipsets.

Thanks you. Where the Kext must be place on the USB key please ? /System/Library/Extensions , /Extra/Extensions or both ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back