Gigabyte Nvidia GTX760 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
OSX boots only in safe mode with the boot flags -x -v -f it is using Chimera boot loader latest version from multibeast.

Things that don't work:
•Intel HD 4000
•Nvidia 650M
•Wifi Intel centrino N 2230 ( not sure about the actual WiFi model as it doensnt work in windows 7 either, but windows 8 automatically installed drivers for that wifi).
•Keyboard characters are a little mixed up (Ctrl key is shift and command key is missing)
•creative soundblaster isn't working.

Otherwise the laptop is still rather usable in safe mode Ethernet works and most programs run smoothly. I also managed to update to 10.9.2.

A few things I want to ask, why does the boot loader look terrible? It displays in a very low resolution and text is unreadable.
I extracted a DSDT.aml, it showed one error and 9 warnings. No one has patched a DSDT for the M14X R2, how can I do this or who should I ask?
I will come back and attach the unedited DSDT.aml

OSX boots only in safe mode with the boot flags -x -v -f it is using Chimera boot loader latest version from multibeast.

Things that don't work:
•Intel HD 4000
•Nvidia 650M
•Wifi Intel centrino N 2230 ( not sure about the actual WiFi model as it doensnt work in windows 7 either, but windows 8 automatically installed drivers for that wifi).
•Keyboard characters are a little mixed up (Ctrl key is shift and command key is missing)
•creative soundblaster isn't working.

Otherwise the laptop is still rather usable in safe mode Ethernet works and most programs run smoothly. I also managed to update to 10.9.2.

A few things I want to ask, why does the boot loader look terrible? It displays in a very low resolution and text is unreadable.
I extracted a DSDT.aml, it showed one error and 9 warnings. No one has patched a DSDT for the M14X R2, how can I do this or who should I ask?
I will come back and attach the unedited DSDT.aml

Nvidia will not work in a switched graphics config. You'll use only HD4000 in OS X. The flag you use to enable it depends primarily on your screen resolution.

Intel WiFi is not supported. You need to replace it.

Which ps2 drivers have you installed? What is the manufacturer of the trackpad in your laptop?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Dell Alienware M14X R2
i7 3610QM 2.3GHZ/HM77
HD4000 and Nvidia 650M 2GB @ 1600x900

I just used default PS2 drivers they seemed to work fine, I believe the Alienware uses a synaptic touch pad, although it just registers as a default PS/2 mouse.

Dell Alienware M14X R2
i7 3610QM 2.3GHZ/HM77
HD4000 and Nvidia 650M 2GB @ 1600x900

I just used default PS2 drivers they seemed to work fine, I believe the Alienware uses a synaptic touch pad, although it just registers as a default PS/2 mouse.

Details must in in your profile. Read post #2 carefully.

What do you mean details in your profile?

Can you help me enable HD4000 graphics?
The screen resolution is 1600x900

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

Remove nvidia kexts (NVDA*, Geforce*). Enable HD4000 with IGPlatformID=01660004.

Details should be in my signature now.
Okay I removed all the NVDA* and Geforce* KEXTS.
IGPlatformID=01660004 worked, is there anything else I need to do?

Okay I can startup with out safemode, battery percentage works...
Sound is about the only thing left that doesn't work.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Other things to test (if you care):
- sleep/wake
- USB ports
- backlight control
- HDMI
- HDMI audio
- keyboard function keys
- Ethernet
- WiFi
- Camera
- Mac App Store access/iCloud/facetime