Contribute
Register

Alienware 15R2 with MacOs Sierra 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What patch?

The minStolenSize patch can be used instead of setting DVMT-prealloc.
It is provided in the plists linked by my guide (but disabled). Disabled patches are covered in post #2 of the guide...

The minStolenSize patch can be used instead of setting DVMT-prealloc.
It is provided in the plists linked by my guide (but disabled). Disabled patches are covered in post #2 of the guide...
Is is the same or just a workaround !?
Hmmm still have not understood completelly how to patch corectly the. Config.plist .

Is is the same or just a workaround !?
Hmmm still have not understood completelly how to patch corectly the. Config.plist .

To enable a disabled patch you only have to change Disabled to false.

To enable a disabled patch you only have to change Disabled to false.
But would it be the same !? Any advantages from bios change or with the patch !?
Does the patch have 128 prealocated or have to change !? Sorry i have to ask, don't have my gf laptop home to check around .

But would it be the same !? Any advantages from bios change or with the patch !?
Does the patch have 128 prealocated or have to change !? Sorry i have to ask, don't have my gf laptop home to check around .

The assertion is probably there for a reason (the patch disables the assertion). There may be instability with the patch. But it is not possible to predict the future. You can try your luck and see how it goes.

The assertion is probably there for a reason (the patch disables the assertion). There may be instability with the patch. But it is not possible to predict the future. You can try your luck and see how it goes.
Where exactly is this patch!? Under what tab !? Looked for it last night but could not find it . Thanx!

Where exactly is this patch!? Under what tab !? Looked for it last night but could not find it . Thanx!

All kext patches are in config.plist/KernelAndKextsPatches/KextsToPatch.

Use a plist editor (XCode or PlistEdit Pro), not Clover Configurator.

I did , seems I still have same issues , though i do get 7 mb on video memory as oposed to 3 was before .
here is my clover folder , check the plist and see the changes I made , Is there anything else I need to do to activate that DVMT patch? .
How do I patch the frame buffer ? and when do I have to do it , that is what confuses me completely .

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
I did , seems I still have same issues , though i do get 7 mb on video memory as oposed to 3 was before .
here is my clover folder , check the plist and see the changes I made , Is there anything else I need to do to activate that DVMT patch? .
How do I patch the frame buffer ? and when do I have to do it , that is what confuses me completely .

Need complete data with any problem report...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back