Contribute
Register

Alienware 13 R3 macOS High Sierra Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I can use my buddy's laptop. What method would you say is best? Vanilla? or just using the command to create an installer from terminal, and then add clover to the efi partition?

I mean I can use my buddy's laptop. What method would you say is best? Vanilla? or just using the command to create an installer from terminal, and then add clover to the efi partition?
no such thing as a vanilla install, no idea where you get that from

you have a laptop guide i linked above for you to follow

I got into the installer but its hanging at "about 2 minutes remaining" its been there for like 15-20 minutes now, and the progress bar hasn't moved at all either. I used one of Rehabmans methods. This is the furthest I have gotten so far

Here is a picture of the installation so far
img_8268-jpg.426301

Attachments

• IMG_8268.jpg
    IMG_8268.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 242

Attachments

• CloverFiles.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
Here are the files from the EFI Partition
try either
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi

only 1 at a time

may also need emuvariableu.efi

try either

only 1 at a time

I think we're starting to make some progress, I changed out "AptioMemoryFix.efi" for the OsxAmptioFix2Drv. It got passed the "2 remaining minutes" issue that I was having initially. When it said 2 minutes remaining it rebooted. Now its showing the installation continuing, but the thing is now that it says 11 minutes remaining. Which I'm guessing that the USB put the files onto my SSD and now they're actually installing it.

try either

only 1 at a time

Here is a picture of where its stuck at.
IMG_8277.jpg

try either

only 1 at a time

Hey man thanks for the help! I finally got it to boot into macOS High Sierra desktop. Just have to do some more configurations. One thing though I'm using the HD 630 graphics from the processor, how would I change the bootargs from when I switch to the GTX 1060.. One more thing is that I'm looking for a PCI wifi+bluetooth that can support handsoff and airdrop, any such card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back