Motherboard
EVGA Z170 Stinger
CPU
Intel i7 6700
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Using the standard Sierra installation guide, I've managed to successfully complete the Sierra OS installation procedure with the following settings:

In BIOS:
- disable integrated graphics
- disable CSM

In Clover:
- nv_disable=1
- fix USB ownership enabled (prevents loading bar hang)

After the Sierra installation is complete, it does the normal first reboot. I select the Clover option to boot from MacOS on the SSD, but my system reboots after the loading bar gets about 90% through. Doing the same in verbose mode, I find that a MACH reboot happens while loading ALF.kext. The following code follows the list of all the Apple kext loading:

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -2147409622 0xFFFFFFFF800121A for kext ALF.kext
KernelCache ID: 89358AD167288D84CCBAE9AC98B2E1B9
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
Kext loading now disabled.
Kext unloading now disabled.
Kext autounloading now disabled.
Kernel requests now disabled.
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0xe0000255
syncing disks... Killing all processes

continuing
hfs: unmount initiated on MACDRIVE on device b(1, 1)
done
MACH reboot
000014.615692 AppleUSBHostResources0: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming success
000014.621776 AppleUSBHostResources0: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming success
000014.627492 AppleUSBHostResources0: AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming success

...after which my system reboots and goes back to the Clover boot menu. I've tried safe mode too.

The weird part of this problem is that I had Sierra working the night before. After trying to get iMessage working through serial and device ID tweaks, it wouldn't reboot, and I messed up my USB drive. I decided to format my drives and do a fresh install but this happened. I'm using the same MacBook Air and Sierra install files as yesterday.

Any help or insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Im having exactly the same issue. Had sierra working almost perfectly, decided to reinstall to make it even more perfect, and now i cant even get pass the 1st installation step.

Did you get it to work?

Last edited:
I had the same problem yesterday.
I solve it by this way as descript below:
I had upgrade my bios yesterday and fresh new install my hack.
then this problem happened....
after hours correct my cloverconfig.plist and DSDT.aml again and again,it still reboot loop...
~~~~
finally,I reflash my bios again with the newest vision and I notice this
THE BIOS TIME CHANGE TO 5/10/2041 !!!
Well that's the problem ! Time incorrect in bios !!!
after correct the time and also you have to reinstall it again.!
Everything is OK now!!!!

I had the same problem yesterday.
I solve it by this way as descript below:
I had upgrade my bios yesterday and fresh new install my hack.
then this problem happened....
after hours correct my cloverconfig.plist and DSDT.aml again and again,it still reboot loop...
~~~~
finally,I reflash my bios again with the newest vision and I notice this
THE BIOS TIME CHANGE TO 5/10/2041 !!!
Well that's the problem ! Time incorrect in bios !!!
after correct the time and also you have to reinstall it again.!
Everything is OK now!!!!

UAU!!!

Yesterday I resolved the issue... I Installed a Ubuntu using the same USB and hard drive, thought that some kind of cache was messing up the hack boot. Then, after Ubuntu finished installing, tried again the hack install and everything was OK. I was feeling pretty smart :D

But before doing all that I noticed the BIOS time change as well and corrected it, just because. BTW, I too did a BIOS update.

Apparently I solved the issue by correcting the BIOS date!!!!!!! Thank you for your answer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back