AsRock Z170
CPU
core i5 6500
Graphics
MSI RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi All,
Seem to be having an issue with USB mapping on an alder lake build. I created custom SSDTs already for the build and loaded them into the config.plist file and the ACPI folder. I generated the following with SSDT Time on a window volume on the computer:
  • EC
  • RTC-AWAC
  • HPET
  • PLUG-ALT
  • USBX
I've also mapped the PCI devices and put that list into the config file as well.

For USB mapping, I put USBInjectAll kext and turned it on. I also turned off XHCIPortLimit in the config file.
The problem is, in hackintool, I don't see all of the USB ports. It keeps coming up with the same USB ports. I plug in my usb device and I don't see any of the back plate USB slots in Hackintool. They are just not listed. Very confused about how to map USB if they do not show up in hackintool.

Here is the build:

Build:
  • i7 12700K
  • AsRock B660M Pro RS
  • Muskin 32GB @ 2666
  • Team Group NVMe 1TB MP33 - Currently in question as I cannot boot from it on the Mobo. Might be a mobo compatibility issue.
  • Sapphire RX 580 8GB
Kexts:
  • Lilu
  • SMCProcessor
  • SMCSuperIO
  • IntelMausi
  • NVMeFix
  • RestrictEvents
  • CPUfriend
  • USBInjectAll
  • Whatevergreen

The 4 x USB3 rear plate ports are served by an ASMedia USB Controller, so they will not show in Hackintool and should not form part of your USBPorts.kext.

Check your motherboard's Specification page for the following entry:

4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Ports (ASMedia ASM1074 hub)

Do the USB devices plugged in to these four ASMedia ports show on the desktop or in Finder? Do they show in IORegistryExplorer?

CPUFriend.kext is no use on its own. If you don't have a CPUFriendData.kext or a similar SSDT providing custom CPU data, then you should delete the CPUFriend.kext from your system.

Read and follow the instructions for use of this kext and the Data kext.

Which version of USBInjectAll.kext are you using? An older version of USBInjectAll won't contain any details regarding the Intel USB controllers in your system. You need to be using the latest release for this kext, which I believe is v0.7.6, link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back