Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anybody know how I can get this working with my build? Since I've built this I have never been able to get this to work. Voodoo works fine, however with updating to LION, it's giving me problems when I install the drivers for my Presonus FireStudio Project, it gives me KP's at start up. I read that some people have installed the ALC8xx and had there Presonus work without problems.

What type of install do you have? EasyBeast or UserDSDT?

RTK said:
What type of install do you have? EasyBeast or UserDSDT?
UserDSDT for my GA Board. If I delete all of the HDA's from the folder and install my Presonus drivers, I don't get the KP at start up, but if I install VoodooHDA or the Apple Rollback and all of that stuff I get the KP at start up. So it's either I keep Voodhoo for onboard sound and not be able to use my FireStudio, or I use just the FireStudio. Kinda sucks I can't use both anymore. I used to be able to. :crazy:

Just to confirm...the ALC8xxHDA kext has never worked for you?

I'm assuming you have already done this, but just for the sake of completeness:

Remove any other Audio kexts that you installed.

Multibeast Selections for your Audio:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
and System Utilities.

Reboot.

RTK said:
Just to confirm...the ALC8xxHDA kext has never worked for you?

I'm assuming you have already done this, but just for the sake of completeness:

Remove any other Audio kexts that you installed.

Multibeast Selections for your Audio:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
and System Utilities.

Reboot.

Yeah tried this, if you mean removing anything that has HDA in it, yes I removed them. Tried many times installing, removing installing, and still nothing :/ So only way I get sound now is if I use just my Presonus FireStudio. If I wanted sound back through onboard I'd have to install Voodoo again, but I'd also have to uninstall the FireStudio driver or else I will get a KP. I don't understand what's different in LION that makes it do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back