Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone have any information on getting Audio to properly work on a GA-P55A UD3 Rev 1.0
I've posted countless topics on this issue. The last time was in November. I've tried deleting any HDA Audio files or at least I think all the correct one's. I've asked which and never had any response. I've tried the ALC8 HDA's in Multibeast, did the rollback, nothing works. Is this board just destined to not work with onboard sound. I can use Voodoo, however when I use it, I can't have my Presonus Firestudio drivers installed or else I get a KP at startup. So I have to choose one or the other. I'd like to have onboard sound along with having my FireStudio drivers installed, but unfortunately I cannot do that at the moment.

So if anyone has had any success getting Audio to work with this Board, I would love to know what you did to get it working.

I'm having the same problem. I feel like it worked with Snow Leopard, and it worked at first with Lion but now it doesn't. However, I'm not sure about that. I've been using a Turtle Beach PX3 (USB, Wireless) and it works just fine but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the chipset.

Anthonyx82x said:
So if anyone has had any success getting Audio to work with this Board, I would love to know what you did to get it working.
If your codec is the 892, try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42546. Delete all audio kexts from your system before installation, otherwise, this will not work either,

My codec is the 888 version and my board is the Rev 1.0 and I've tried the Multibeast kexts and this still doesn't work for me. Unless I am not deleting the correct kexts from my folder. It would be nice if someone could make a proper chart or something explaining what kexts and other things in the folder that we do not need and that cause issues with other things installed.

Anthonyx82x said:
My codec is the 888 version and my board is the Rev 1.0
Are you using a dsdt? If so, try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50821. Regarding the list of what to remove, all I can say is remove all something HDA, something Enabler and any combination. The best advice is when you try Solution A that doesn't work, do not try Solution B until you remove Solution A. One attempt on top of another attempt ensures failure. There is one native audio kext in OS X, AppleHDA.kext.

toleda said:
Anthonyx82x said:
My codec is the 888 version and my board is the Rev 1.0
Are you using a dsdt? If so, try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50821. Regarding the list of what to remove, all I can say is remove all something HDA, something Enabler and any combination. The best advice is when you try Solution A that doesn't work, do not try Solution B until you remove Solution A. One attempt on top of another attempt ensures failure. There is one native audio kext in OS X, AppleHDA.kext.

Yeah I'm using the DSDT for my
ALC8xxHDA & GA-P55A UD3 Board that I downloaded from here. Could this be the problem? Maybe because there is code in the DSDT that is preventing the ALCxxHDA in Multibeast from working? That is the only thing I can think of.

Anthonyx82x said:
ALC8xxHDA & GA-P55A UD3 Board that I downloaded from here. Could this be the problem? Maybe because there is code in the DSDT that is preventing the ALCxxHDA in Multibeast from working? That is the only thing I can think of.
No, HDEF is correct in the dsdt database. Delete any enablers you may have installed with MultiBeast. Try the 888 edited AppleHDA linked above. It it doesn't work, attach a copy of IOReg with the above kext installed (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ...).

toleda said:
Anthonyx82x said:
No, HDEF is correct in the dsdt database. Delete any enablers you may have installed with MultiBeast. Try the 888 edited AppleHDA linked above. It it doesn't work, attach a copy of IOReg with the above kext installed (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ...).

Cool thanks, I will try this out when I get home from work.

toleda said:
Anthonyx82x said:

Well I installed it, followed this part of the directions -
1. Backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
2. Delete ALC8xxHDA, ALC8xx, 8xxHDAEnabler and any other audio enablers from
3. Copy AppleHDA.kext from 888Beta_Lion_AppleHDA folder in Downloads to Desktop
4. Run KextBeast
5. Audio ID: 888, goto Step 6.
a. Audio ID: 388 (HD3000 HDMI audio); edit dsdt.aml/HDEF/layout_id to 0x84 0x01 0x00 0x00
6. Restart

It did not work for me, or I am doing something wrong. I have a few questions.

1. Edit DSDT? Does this mean I need to edit my DSDT for this to work?

2. I'm not to sure about the Audio Config, I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0), I have never done anything special when this used to work before. Now I tried hooking up another cord to the Front Sound part on the MB and tried plugging into this, and that does not work either. I've always had my cord plugged into the back Green. I've never moved it, works fine to when I use my Firestudio Project.

3. Why has this become such a big deal to get working? It worked before and then with update it just stops. It's weird. The sound works with Voodoo but for some reason none of these native HDA's. I just can't have Voodoo and Firestudio drivers installed at the same time or I get the KP.

Any other suggestions?

Anthonyx82x said:
1. Edit DSDT? Does this mean I need to edit my DSDT for this to work?

2. I'm not to sure about the Audio Config, I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD3 (Rev 1.0), I have never done anything special when this used to work before. Now I tried hooking up another cord to the Front Sound part on the MB and tried plugging into this, and that does not work either. I've always had my cord plugged into the back Green. I've never moved it, works fine to when I use my Firestudio Project.

3. Why has this become such a big deal to get working? It worked before and then with update it just stops. It's weird. The sound works with Voodoo but for some reason none of these native HDA's. I just can't have Voodoo and Firestudio drivers installed at the same time or I get the KP.

Any other suggestions?
Regarding the edit dsdt, the note refers to HD3000 graphics which is not supported by your motherboard; simply skip that step. Most difficulties are caused by something that was done and not undone when it didn't work. Golden rule, back up before update. Attach a copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back