Contribute
Register

ALC892Enabler Beta - 5.1 & 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ALC892Enabler Beta - TESTERS NEEDED - 5.1 & 7.1

nustyle said:
Hi
I have the same mobo and i had the same problems as Fabiuzi lol. The best i got with the sound was with the voodooHDA 0.2.72.kext from multibeast then i loaded a amd legacy Kernel that you can download from here http://dl.nawcom.com/legacy_kernel-10.7.0.pkg.zip that worked for me.
overall my hackintosh runs much better with sound lol hope this helps.

Not intended for or ever tested on an AMD platform. Voodoo is the best solution.

Aznboy1993 said:
I installed option one but how do you enable the surround sound? Thanks!

What are you playing (DVD, iTunes, ..) with surround sound?

tonymacx86 said:
Hey everyone!

Toleda, MacMan and I have been working on achieving full ALC 892 support. Here's something we need some help testing. ;)

ALC892Enabler.png

ALC892Enabler enables audio on the Realtek ALC892 audio codec by patching your current AppleHDA.kext in System/Library/Extensions and installing one of three layout injectors in Extra/Extensions. You must have HDEF in your DSDT and only the ALC892 codec on your motherboard.

NOTE; THIS IS BETA - IT MAY NOT WORK AT ALL OR MAY NOT WORK AS EXPECTED.

Special thanks to the entire community!

Toleda, tonymacx86 & MacMan

Instructions for use:
This software is compatible with Snow Leopard and the Realtek ALC892 audio codec only. DSDT must have HDEF. Remove all audio kexts. The installed AppleHDA is backed up and existing speaker configurations are removed. Select one (1) speaker configuration to install. Restart for Apple High Definition Audio.

-- If you have a DSDT, it must contain the proper HDEF edits (DSDT Database are good)
-- If you do NOT have a DSDT, install HDAEnabler for ALC 892 from MultiBeast

OPTION 1: 5.1 Surround Sound - Black/Rear
Key: Color/Location (F/R) - Function Pink/R - Built-in Mic or Pink/F - Line in (Mic), Blue/R - Line in, Green/R - Built-in Speaker/Front or Green/F - Headphone, Orange/R - Center/Sub, Black/R - Side, SPDIF/R - Digital Out and Digital In (if present)

OPTION 2: 5.1 Surround Sound - Grey/Side
Key: Color/Location (F/R) - Function Pink/R - Built-in Mic or Pink/F - Line in (Mic), Blue/R - Line in, Green/R - Built-in Speaker/Front or Green/F - Headphone, Orange/R - Center/Sub, Grey/R - Side, SPDIF/R - Digital Out and Digital In (if present)

OPTION 3: 7.1 Surround Sound - Black&Grey
Key: Color/Location (F/R) - Function Pink/R - Built-in Mic or Pink/F- Line in (Mic), Blue/R - Line in, Green/R - Built-in Speaker/Front or Green/F - Headphone, Orange/R - Center/Sub, Grey/R - Side, Black/R - Rear No Digital - Analog Only

SANDY BRIDGE I5 2400S ES/GA-H67MA-D2H-BE ALC889, with dsdt+ enable, working fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

toleda said:
No rollback is required. It backs up your currently installed AppleHDA.kext (S/L/E) and then enables ALC892 audio. I use the native 10.6.6 AppleHDA.
When I tried to go back to my "backup" of the appleHDA.kext, it gave me a long list of errors, saying that I didn't install appleHDA.kext correctly, as well as 4 components of that .kext (all under the /plugins folder)
Any answers as to what I did wrong and how to fix :yawn: ? I tried copy and paste (after I deleted the "cooked" kext) drag and drop, even got a friend to email his vanilla one from his macbook pro 10.6.7...

grmcrkrs said:
When I tried to go back to my "backup" of the appleHDA.kext, it gave me a long list of errors, saying that I didn't install appleHDA.kext correctly, as well as 4 components of that .kext (all under the /plugins folder)
Any answers as to what I did wrong and how to fix..

Any time you add, delete, or modify a system file, you must repair permissions. A convenient tool is Kext Utility, available, in MultiBeast under OSX Software. Once you install Kext Utility, launch the application, enter your password and it takes care of permissions automatically.

How do I verify that I have HDEF in my dsdt.aml?

Thanks!

Owen

ohiowen said:
How do I verify that I have HDEF in my dsdt.aml?

Thanks!

Owen

1. Download DSDTSE from http://www.osx86.es/?p=610
2. Install DSDTSE
3. Run DSDTSE and Select "Extract DSDT"
4. Wait for Editor Window to open
5. Notice "Locate" on right side of Editor; “Select:, Click on “Sound HDEF”
6. Do you see “Device (HDEF)? "layout-id" ? "PinConfigurations" ?

If yes, that is HDEF.

mdcy said:
SANDY BRIDGE I5 2400S ES/GA-H67MA-D2H-BE ALC889, with dsdt+ enable, working fine.

Please confirm you used the ALC892Enabler on your ALC889.

Works perfectly for me, thank you very much!

GA-P55A-UD3 (r2.0 F11) with ALC892.

Set the aggregate up in the Audi Midi Setup had to fiddle around with which speakers were which, but when selecting that from VLC with an appropriate media file, surround sound in all its glory.

This is the only thing I am running, use a DSDT from another site as the one from here will reboot when trying to sleep, will have to pull them both apart and have a look :) EDIT: Just needed to set "Start up automatically after a power failure" to get sleep to work with the DSDT from here :)

Now I have my MBP (Dell XPS M1530) and my iMac (P55A with i7 870, evga GT240, 2x24" LED displays one HDMI, the other DVI).

Great work!

Thanks,

Brett

gigabyte p67a-ud3 b2 f6 bios.
hdef enabled in dsdt.
5.1 is working great.
My setup:

intaudio.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back