Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am building a new mini ITX system using the Gigabyte GA‑B250N‑Phoenix WIFI and it uses the ALC892 audio codec. I am able to install macOS Sierra 10.12.6 but no sound plays after I install the ALC892 kexts. Options appear in the output tab on the Sounds System Preferences. Yes, I selected the output option to Internal Speakers and yes, the speakers are connected to the green on port on the motherboard. I've tried all of the guides and watched tons of youtube videos, but none of them work.

I am tempted to get the GA-Z270N Gaming 5 motherboard which uses the ALC1220 codec.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks!

on my setup (asus Z97-a with alc892 too) I installed alc892 with multibeast9.2.1
my output is set to "LineOut" and my speaker are plugged into Black Connector
I gave a try on "InternalSpeaker" and Green connector it works too

IT WORKS!!!

I placed

FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

in /Library/Extensions and everything is working perfectly!!!

BUT yet you did what Toleda said to do in his link and it worked... imagine that...

I tried this once before and it didn't work. Then I reinstalled macOS and this time it worked.

I tried this once before and it didn't work. Then I reinstalled macOS and this time it worked.

Apparently you did not have an original unmodified AppleHDA when you ran his scripts. This is a serious requirement when dealing with his fixes. Try one thing, if it didn't work, revert to the original AppleHDA and try another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back