Gigabyte X99P-SLI
CPU
i7 6800K
Graphics
Asus Radeon RX 580 8GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi

My issue is not typical. I have Asus P8Z77 -V motherboard with modded BIOS and ALC892. My sound is working on all different kexts available on the internet but after 5 - 10 minutes sound is metalic, crackling etc ... and it's getting worse and worse. After a few minute's more you can't understood anything ...

Of course 10.8.5

Please help.

I have this same audio issue with a different motherboard and different Realtek audio. It seemed to appear this week after I finally upgraded to 10.8.5 this week with the combo update, and used MultiBeast 5.5.0 to update my audio kexts.

My audio chipset [FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]is ALC887, on a GA-B75M-D3H mobo. For audio I used:

Audio...Realtek ALC8xx...Without DSDT....ALC887/888b....v100302 Current
and
[/FONT]Audio...Realtek ALC8xx...Without DSDT...Optional 3 Port Audio Enabler

Sound is perfect for around 5 minutes, then grows metallic and distorted. It gets worse for a couple minutes, and gets quieter until there is no audio at all. I've noticed that if the source of the audio is a video, pausing it for around 20 seconds clears up the problem for another 5 minutes. (Pausing and resuming immediately doesn't resolve the issue.)

seb235 -- are you also on 10.8.5? Is your distorted audio coming from the flash plugin in Chrome?

I just saw this post from a few days ago, which seems to match my problem exactly. I don't have time to try it as I'm about to head to work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/109...multibeast-5-5-osx-10-8-5-unibeast-2-1-a.html

Basically the advice seems to be to install flash, and then disable the integrated Chrome flash plugin (until Google gets it squared away.)

Yes I'm on 10.8.5 but it's not only chrome issue, on skype it's the same issue with audio. What's more my VF0610 Live! Cam Socialize HD (USB) had the same issue but with mic. So skype is unusable in both direction :/

Seb235: FYI the "install system flash plugin, disable integrated Chrome flash" solved my problem in Chrome. Your problem seems so similar -- I wonder if Skype uses flash somehow? Maybe it's worth a try. Good luck!

It's not a flash issue, I'm having the same problem in iTunes. Sometimes the audio completely drops out for a few seconds.

this is definitely caused by installing the adobe flash player. opening youtube in safari tells you to install it
so after installing i have the same issue. At first i thought it was drivers or something caused by the 10.8.5 update doing like 3-4 clean reinstalls of my systems.

I read somewhere that reinstalling the audio drivers through multibeast and then repairing permissions in disk utility could work.
I will try this.

any help will be appreciated

Are you using Chrome ?

If you are, try another browser and see if you still have the same problem.

ok so after the problem i have followed unistall process from adobe for flash player
nothing changed in chrome.
and also repaired permissions in disk utility.

gonna leave this for 5 min smoke a cig and hope this demon goes away.

There are some claims that Chrome is the cause of the problem.
Just try not using it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back