Contribute
Register

ALC892 and more problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem booting ok only with UseKernelCache=No or -X :crazy:
My ALC892 is working without issues with kexts included in MB. Only thing I did was repair permissions and clean all caches before reboot with 'Yosemite cache cleaner'.
Can you send/attach that cleaner and alc kext?

Hey man,

I have the same exact motherboard as you with the same BIOS. Here is a screenshot of everything I did in multibeast to get it working properly. And yes, the ALC892 audio does work for me. I just had to go and change the output device once I booted back up.

Hopefully this helps!
Ok, I've already installed:
SATA, FakeSMC, lnx2mac, 10.9.5 rollback, applertc for cmos, chimera 4, and i also have hdaenabler in extra/modules and boot.plist string. Tried 100500 times to install applehda from multibeast but nothing :(

I've installed 892 form Multibeast and still no audio.
In system preferences I don't have any option.
No sources.
Any idea?

This is the link to download 'Yosemite cache cleaner' from creator's web. It's shareware, so only works 15 days for free.

Yosemite Cache Cleaner

Attached my ALC kext too.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    909.2 KB · Views: 186
This is the link to download 'Yosemite cache cleaner' from creator's web. It's shareware, so only works 15 days for free.

Download Yosemite Cache Cleaner 9.0(58.5 Mb)

Attached my ALC kext too.
Ill try to fix permissions from disk utility and clean caches with your app, thx. kext that you sent is the same as i have in s/l/e

Hooray! After I fixed permissions, AppleHDA become alive! Everything works fine now :) You my hero, dude! :)

Hey vibos,

Sorry I wasn't able to attach the file as a jpg, but it seems like you got the audio working anyway. Have you been able to get USB 3.0 working? That's the one thing I am having trouble with.

Thanks!

Hey vibos,

Sorry I wasn't able to attach the file as a jpg, but it seems like you got the audio working anyway. Have you been able to get USB 3.0 working? That's the one thing I am having trouble with.

Thanks!

I've not tried to get it work right now - its time to go to bed, but tomorrow I'll try again. On Mavericks it works flawless with Universal USB3.0 kext. Have you tried this?

I've not tried to get it work right now - its time to go to bed, but tomorrow I'll try again. On Mavericks it works flawless with Universal USB3.0 kext. Have you tried this?

Yes, I installed that, but no go. Let me know but you find tomorrow. Thanks!

Ill try to fix permissions from disk utility and clean caches with your app, thx. kext that you sent is the same as i have in s/l/e

Hooray! After I fixed permissions, AppleHDA become alive! Everything works fine now :) You my hero, dude! :)

Glad to hear that!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Now it's time to solve problems with usb3.0 not working (I have this problem too), and with UserKernelCache to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back