Contribute
Register

ALC892 + 10.7.2 Cannot get to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirum said:
shaneblyth said:
Funny mine now works. I restored from my backup image to 10.7.1 and updated with the combo updater to 10.7.2 and I saw there was a new 4.03 multibeast and tried just the rollback and it worked fine on my 892. I dont see anything in the notes to suggest 4.03 would do anything to help sound over 4.02

I seem to have the same Motherboard and Multibeast 4.03 and for me it's still no luck. Annoying. Might have a try at the voodoos. Any chance you could zip your audiokexts and attach them?
I actually copied them across but that didnt work my process was downloading the combo updater restoring from my 10.7.1 partition installing combo and then MBeast and reboot. Nothing else worked so I think in my case it was probably something else or the update itself or the the fact I used the non combo update. If you want me to copy the files across for you I can do that but do you know what exact files in the what directories you need?

shaneblyth said:
Pirum said:
shaneblyth said:
Funny mine now works. I restored from my backup image to 10.7.1 and updated with the combo updater to 10.7.2 and I saw there was a new 4.03 multibeast and tried just the rollback and it worked fine on my 892. I dont see anything in the notes to suggest 4.03 would do anything to help sound over 4.02

I seem to have the same Motherboard and Multibeast 4.03 and for me it's still no luck. Annoying. Might have a try at the voodoos. Any chance you could zip your audiokexts and attach them?
I actually copied them across but that didnt work my process was downloading the combo updater restoring from my 10.7.1 partition installing combo and then MBeast and reboot. Nothing else worked so I think in my case it was probably something else or the update itself or the the fact I used the non combo update. If you want me to copy the files across for you I can do that but do you know what exact files in the what directories you need?

I ran Multibeast 4.03 again, twice, repaired permissions in disk util + kextwizard cache rebuild, got line out to work (rear) using internal speaker setting , not front audio (headphones) which is the one I use most, but it will do for a while.

Just figured you might have a better combination of kexts, I went from 10.7.0 straight to 10.7.2 on this install, no 10.7,1, but as it works sort of ok now there's no need for any copying :)

If you guys have a sabertooth x58, redownload the DSDT (updated 10-21-2011), it was bad. That is why my audio wasn't working.

Here is a working kext I patched.

Requires DSDT edit:
Code:
{
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x0C)
                        {
                            "subsystem-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0xA0, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"subsystem-vendor-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x6B, 0x10, 0x10, 0x10
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"codec-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x92, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                            }, 

"device-type", 
                            Buffer (0x11)
                            {
                                "ALC892"
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

Bin patches I have done:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x83\x19\xd4\x11|\x00\x00\x00\x00|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x92\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Attachments

• AppleHDA 10.7.2 ALC892.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back