Contribute
Register

ALC889HDA on Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok I really didn't want to start a thread on this but seems like I'm the only one who can't get this working :x :banghead:

So I've got said motherboard, F9 to match DSDT from the database (Haven't modified it myself).

But sound has never worked on it :(

I delete the old kexts from /System/Library/Extensions/ and reboot.
When I run Multibeast I select the audio kexts but they say "Upgrade" instead of Install?? And I know I deleted them..
Also is it wrong that I don't have an Extensions folder in Extra? (/Extra/Extensions)

I've tried every tutorial I can find on this and Jesus it's not that hard, is it??

Attached is a screenshot of Multibeast saying Upgrade.

The kexts I usually choose are ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA and HDAEnabler889.kext

Appreciate any help, it's the only problem I have. Doesn't need to be HDMI cable, just from the Green output to TV monitor.

Edit: Sorry I'm on OS X Lion 10.7.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-23 at 19.05.12.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-23 at 19.05.12.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 370
SunburstEnzo said:
Ok I really didn't want to start a thread on this but seems like I'm the only one who can't get this working :x :banghead:

So I've got said motherboard, F9 to match DSDT from the database (Haven't modified it myself).

But sound has never worked on it :(

I delete the old kexts from /System/Library/Extensions/ and reboot.
When I run Multibeast I select the audio kexts but they say "Upgrade" instead of Install?? And I know I deleted them..
Also is it wrong that I don't have an Extensions folder in Extra? (/Extra/Extensions)

I've tried every tutorial I can find on this and Jesus it's not that hard, is it??

Attached is a screenshot of Multibeast saying Upgrade.

The kexts I usually choose are ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA and HDAEnabler889.kext

Appreciate any help, it's the only problem I have. Doesn't need to be HDMI cable, just from the Green output to TV monitor.

Edit: Sorry I'm on OS X Lion 10.7.4

have you try this
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486

idd said:

I have indeed, done it every way I could possibly think of, using every tool that exists.

Still nothing. I don't want to do a new install of Lion as I've only just got App Store working for the first time in months... But that's worse case scenario.

I had seen your thread, appears many have had success from it but I have not. Thanks anyway :thumbup:

When I first upgraded to 10.7.4 the sound stopped working too.

I tried multibeast a few time but the sound icon still grey out

I later realise the driver is install ok but somehow lion has deselected the default sound output device.

Check sound preference see if this is the case

Once i selected internal speaker as sound out its back to as before.

Good Luck SunburstEnzo

haylun98 said:
I tried multibeast a few time but the sound icon still grey out

Hm thanks for your post, my icon is not greyed out, but no outputs work, see attached screenshot below. As you can see I have internal speakers, two Line outs and the Optical (which I haven't tested but don't have a cable anyway). None of them work when playing music or anything.

Even checked the Audio MIDI Setup in Utilities.

None of them work so I don't understand, whether the Multibeast kexts don't work or if I need to modify my DSDT? Surely it shouldn't matter what is in my org. chameleon.boot.plist either

Ugh so confused :crazy:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 11.10.50.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 11.10.50.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 336
I have the same motherboard

BIOS version is F11

last week I upgrade to 10.7.4 from 10.7.3

then

This week got an SSD so I done an fresh install of 10.7.0. Then upgrade to 10.7.4 + multibeast 4.5. Same thing happened.

It must be the combo upgrade got Lion confused. In each case I was able to enable sound by selecting internal speaker.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 12.03.22.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 12.03.22.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 389
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 12.26.13.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-24 at 12.26.13.png
    49 KB · Views: 345
So first of all the Extensions folder in Lion is in System/Library/Extensions. On Snow Leopard it's in the Extra folder.

Second you don't need an HDA Enabler when you use a DSDT. So please delete the HDA Enabler, the HDA Rollback and the ALC8xx.kext, reboot and start Multibeast. Select the following things: System Utilities and Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC889

If this doesn't work for you please reply with your DSDT. Eventually you have to do some DSDT edits in your HDEF section. See this post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=59066 for further reference.

If you have problems with this solution don't hesitate to reply.

n1con

Thanks for both of your replies

In Lion is the /Extra folder in root ignored then?

Ah ok I was very confused as to which exactly to choose and seen multiple screenshots utilising so many different options..

I did what you say and it still doesn't work :( using 3.5mm cable and HDMI

Thanks for the link, looked daunting before starting this thread

I have exams at the moment so I won't have time to do much now, but will eventually get round to it

Attached is my DSDT if needed, stock as in straight from the database.
I'm on F9 but will probably upgrade the bios soon.

DSDT.aml

Thanks for everyones help :D this is literally the only thing preventing me from having a perfect Hackintosh

Also may install Lion 10.7.1 on another drive and try it again see if 10.7.4 has anything to do with not liking me

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.9 KB · Views: 122
I edited your DSDT. It should work now. Please try it and let me know if it worked.

n1con

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16.9 KB · Views: 138
Oh that's very kind of you n1con :D was not expecting that

I shall try it when I can, can you tell me what modifications you did for it? Guessing ones from the other link you posted.

Thanks again, will let you know :)

EDIT: No didn't work :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back