Contribute
Register

ALC889 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.x Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uPaymeiFixit said:
Do you think this would work for the ALC 888b on a GA-P55m-UD2? That would be awesome.
No, it will not work.

nozyczek said:
uPaymeiFixit said:
Do you think this would work for the ALC 888b on a GA-P55m-UD2? That would be awesome.
No, it will not work.

Oh... bummer. Alright then.

THAAANKS !! all working, mic, speakers, hdmi sound, thanks !

edit: eehh :( it work for couple minutes, then my mic doesnt work, then i need to change sound output(in preferences), then change sound input back to get mid and sound working again :(

Works for me (GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 rev1.1 / F7) with tonymac's DSDT.aml for F5

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GA-X58A-UD7 (v.2), Audio = ALC889

Can't get it to work on my system which has the ALC889. I removed all the other audio kexts/enablers and my DSDT is edited correctly.

I attached a file which does provide 4.1 sound to my system. Any way to compare it with your AppleHDA.kext, which should provide me with the full 5.1?

OTHERS WHO CANNOT GET IT WORKING, TRY THE FILE I ATTACHED AS A BACKUP.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
Line In Jack (Blue) - doesn't work
Mic In Jack (Pink) - doesn't work
:cry:

Please suggest a kext for M.B Evga X58 3x Sli (132-BL-e758) :beachball:

After update of flawless UniBeast install of 10.7.1 to 10.7.2, audio was lost on my i5 H67N-USB3-B3 (listed as 885 in profiler after update).
Running of MBeast after software update and before restart did not pre-empt the issue (UserDSDT from database for F5 firmware of this board).

Deleted AppleHDAkext and all but ALC889 kexts. Installed your 10.7.2 kext and sound is back! :thumbup:

download/file.php?id=15526

Hello,

I have GA-Z68AP-D3, which should have ALC889.
I tried your DSDT mod + cleared all kext + used your kext (running 10.7.2). And it works :)
The problem is, that my mobo only has 3 ports (red, green and blue)(+2 front).
They get detected as:
internal speakers (working)
line out (not working)
line out (not working)
digital out (not tested)

I am offering $10 of motivational price for anyone that provides me with a working solution :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back