Contribute
Register

ALC889 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.x Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ALC889 AppleHDA.kext (10.7.1 Lion)

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 F8 works perfectly. Using the DSDT in the database and the V2 version. Can finally use my headphone jack.

Thanks!

deson said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: Arrggg! It is impossible to fix the sound in 10.7.1 in EP-35C-DS3R! the sound is 889th, probe all methods and nothing is always the description of the sound but no sound! only when it turns off a "plop".

Not as editing a DSTD the DSTD multibeast is with standard ... if someone helps me ... BUAA

I have the same problem as you with my MSI X58 Pro-E, I have tried with different DSDTs and patched AppleHDA and I still have no sound. :( :crazy: :cry:

nozyczek said:
Use Ubuntu Live - http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

To create a dump under linux use the following:

Code:
cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c/\/*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f//\//-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump

Email CodecDump.zip to yourself.

BTW, what else is working/not working with AppleHDA.kext_ALC889_10.7.1_v2 ?

Hello nozyczek, could you help me with my problem? I have tried several patched AppleHDA and DSDT versions, and I can't get working my soundcard.

Got this to work beautifully on my GA-P67A-UD4-B3 with the F5 BIOS and the DSDT from the tonymac/macman database. I also checked out the DSDT just to make sure, and all the relevant modifications mentioned in post 1 were already there. :headbang: And of course they were. :clap:

I deleted VoodooHDA.kext from /s/l/e as well as ACL8XXX.kext and AppleHDA.kext before installing with kextbeast 1.0.0 and ran MultiBeast 4.0.2 System Utilities to make sure the permissions were good.

I only use 2ch rear green plug, which worked as "internal speakers" but it sounds fantastic and even cleared up the annoying static from my last build using the ALC8xx from the old multibeast (3.9.0) [I just reformatted]. :thumbup:

AppleHDA v2 - Working on H67M-D2-B3 v1.1 (ALC889)

Most excellent nozyczek!

Version 2 of your HDA was massive timesaver. I used dsdt auto-patcher which already had your suggested DSDT code implemented and V2 HDA.

I got sound working on the main outputs, which is more than enough for me. I hope 10.7.2 doesn't screw it up on us.

My hat's off to you nozyczek. Thanks allot.

Prof. Synthology

Motherboard using: DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD4-B3-F8.aml
Lion 10.7.1

Couldn't get sound working for quite a while, finally deleted all sound .kext:
from
/Extra/Extensions
/Backup Extensions
/System/Library/Extensions

including .kext types
HDAEnabler*.kext
AppleHDA.kext
ALC8*HDA.kext
LegacyHDA.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

Then ran System Utilities from Multibeast Lion version to repair permissions
This got rid of 882 showing up in System Report, now showed as 889 audio
I was expecting no audio, but I guess the DSDT file makes 889 show up.

Used Kext Helper to install AppleHDA.kext from original post

Now I have audio at last - not sure if all ports are working, but my speakers connected to back audio port work.

Now if only I could solve the erratic/jumping mouse problem that drives me crazy!!

Any chance of getting a 10.7.2 version based on V2? 10.7.1 v2 works great on my P55A-UD4P.
Thank you.

zonly1 said:
Any chance of getting a 10.7.2 version based on V2? 10.7.1 v2 works great on my P55A-UD4P.
Thank you.

You got it :)
First post updated with new patched AppleHDA.kext 10.7.2 (2.1.3f7)

Works in my GA-X58A-UD3R v2?

nozyczek said:
zonly1 said:
Thank you.

You got it :)
First post updated with new patched AppleHDA.kext 10.7.2 (2.1.3f7)

It doesn't work on my MSI X58 Pro-E. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back