GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've upgraded my working Lion install to ML and everything is working but for my ALC888b sound card. It's on my GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard and I recall having a tough time getting it to work in Lion. Any ideas on what to try to make this work in ML?

Thanks!

Steve

Do you have DSDT? If so try this in MultiBeast. It's not gonna be exact as I don't have ML MB yet, just using Lion as reference. Untitled.png

If no DSDT here: NDSDT.png

You're a legend! That works great - thanks for your help!

Haha, no problem.

Hi Again!

So I was running along quite fine on ML (10.8) with my ALC888b working just fine (based on the DSDT config above). I just applied the 10.8.2 update and my sound is gone again :(

I downloaded the latest MB (5.0.2) and selected the options in the image and rebooted and still no sound. I couldn't find the Rollback driver anywhere either in this version of MB.

Any ideas on how I can get my sound back?!

Thanks so much!

Steve

Attachments

• mb501.jpg
    mb501.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 153
This shows up in my System Info - so does the system see an 887 card? I'm very confused! I still don't see the line out in the Sound prefs like I used to!

Attachments

• prefs.jpg
    prefs.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 122
  • sysinfo.jpg
    sysinfo.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 118
same problem here - running ud5h z77x

sound card is ALC898

running multibeast to see if it fixes problem.

EDIT: Ok running multibeast and installing the 898 option in multibeast fixed the problem. Goodluck.

use the older multi beast

Problem is I don't really know which version is the right one to try. Which was the first one for ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back