Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just updated the new AppleHDA.kext from 10.7 Lion. All is working as with my previous versions and it's functionality is the same as my previous builds. Install by dragging onto Kext Utility (or your installer of choice), set and repair permissions. Enjoy!

Instructions:
- Manually remove ANY audio extensions, whether it is LegacyHDA, VoodooHDA, AND any previous AppleHDA from both e/e and s/l/e before installing. Drag them to the trash, ensuring NOTHING gets left behind.
- This is for ALC888, not ALC888a/b/c/DD/l/s/x in specific, though it may work for some.

*Note: You will need proper DSDT edits for this kext to work. I have no idea if HDAenabler.kext is still a viable solution, hence why I have not included it.

If you do not have an edited DSDT for audio, you can use this code. If your DSDT's HDEF section is already edited, but has a different edit, that's fine. It does not necessarily need to mirror mine; I know of at least 3 that will work. :p

Code:
Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x78, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

**Note: The outputs have now reverted to the nice clean iMac options, meaning Internal Speakers, Headphones, and Digital are properly displayed in the Sound Preferences. If you want 5.1 analogue or whatnot, simply add a device in Audio Midi app. If you are unsure how to do this, there are plenty of guides out there. :thumbup:

Hey Bansaku,

I would love to try this! However, I do not know what the code you posted is supposed to do for the DSDT.

I have the ALC888b sound card. It shows up in System Profiler as ALC887. I know this kext is for only ALC888, but do you think it will work for my sound card?

I cannot get audio to work in Lion. It worked fine in 10.6.8 with AppleHDA.

My audio will only work with a special voodoo kext I downloaded from Kexts.com. However, I would like to use AppleHDA.

I have tried every combination in MB with the new audio process they implemented but it does not work.

Any suggestions?

dpsuperfly said:
Hey Bansaku,

I would love to try this! However, I do not know what the code you posted is supposed to do for the DSDT.

I have the ALC888b sound card. It shows up in System Profiler as ALC887. I know this kext is for only ALC888, but do you think it will work for my sound card?

I cannot get audio to work in Lion. It worked fine in 10.6.8 with AppleHDA.

My audio will only work with a special voodoo kext I downloaded from Kexts.com. However, I would like to use AppleHDA.

I have tried every combination in MB with the new audio process they implemented but it does not work.

Any suggestions?

This kext will not work with ALC888b, as it is not a true "888", just a rebranded ALC887. I would think that Tonymac or Macman would have a solution for anything non ALC888, as they usually do. Sorry I can't be of more help.

No problem... Thanks for the reply.

Well, I have tried the methods they have implemented in MB 3.8.0 but they do not work.

Thanks for the info, though.

Great and big thanks, as always everything works :)

PS.: Maybe this way you also edit new AppleHDA.kext version 2.1.2 coming with 10.7.2 beta? I include it in my post.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 156
Stereo sound from optical digital out stops working for me after playing a AC3 or DTS audio. Don't know about the analog outs since I don't use them. The PCM light on the receiver blinks. AC3 and DTS still work fine though, just no PCM stereo. Rebooting fixes it until AC3 is played again. I know this had been a common problem in 10.6.8 and going back to AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.7 would fix it, but I can't get any older AppleHDA.kext to work with lion.

it's not working with me i have MB: P55-UD3P - the only kext working with me is voodooHDA 2.7.2 but i have noise and only 2 ch

but i didn't use DSDT code that you post in the topic .. is it important ?? and can you help me how to use it

hope that you help me to make it work .. and if it will be 2ch but with out noise it well be great than voodooHDA

thank you

Dorgham said:
it's not working with me i have MB: P55-UD3P - the only kext working with me is voodooHDA 2.7.2 but i have noise and only 2 ch

but i didn't use DSDT code that you post in the topic .. is it important ?? and can you help me how to use it

hope that you help me to make it work .. and if it will be 2ch but with out noise it well be great than voodooHDA

thank you

You can get complete DSDT file for your mainboard from this site, then it should work, if you installed kext correctly, because P55-UD3P as almost the same board, as P55-UD3R.

No luck for me with this AppleHDA. I have tried it with and without ALC8xxHDA in /Extra. Previously on Snow Leopard I used an edited dsdt and all I needed were rolled back AppleHDA and ALC8xxHDA.kext via Multibeast.

My machine is an Acer 5920g laptop with ALC888 audio. Below is the the _DSM method from the Device(HDEF) section of my dsdt. This worked great in 10.6.8 without any enabler, just the two files mentioned above.

I did have to replace IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext to successfully boot with 10.6.8 and 10.7, but that is probably unrelated as audio worked in 10.6.8.

Code:
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x08)
                        {
                            "codec-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"device-type", 
                            Buffer (0x11)
                            {
                                "ALC888"
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (0x18)
                            {
                                /* 0000 */    0x40, 0x10, 0x21, 0x01, 0x20, 0x11, 0x10, 0x90, 
                                /* 0008 */    0x60, 0x11, 0x45, 0x01, 0x50, 0x90, 0x81, 0x01, 
                                /* 0010 */    0x10, 0x01, 0xA0, 0x90, 0x30, 0x10, 0x81, 0x01
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back