Contribute
Register

ALC888/888B/889 step by step install instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the same problem as itoolio. This are the steps I followed:

1.- Boot with TonymacP55mBootCD (not the new iBoot CD)
2.- Install MacOS X 10.6
3.- Use PC EFI 10.1
3.- Copy boot, DSDT.aml and Extra folder from CD.
4.- Install Ethernet and NVEnabler 64 (I got no ripples) with Kext Helper b7, and drag /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions to Kext Utility.
5.- Repair Permissions.
Everything worked good.
6.- Update to 10.6.2
Then I got no Sound, but Video still working good.

I tried with the MultiBeast installing LegacyHDA->ALC 888b->Six Audio Jacks or HDAEnabler->ALC888b, or VoodooHDA but still not working. After that I updated to Bios F8 (it was F4). I tried to install them again and but still not working. Then I copied Tony's Extra folder from his signature but no solution.

I don't want to reinstall like itoolio... but if it is the only solution i'll try.

DCIN said:
I tried with the MultiBeast installing LegacyHDA->ALC 888b->Six Audio Jacks or HDAEnabler->ALC888b, or VoodooHDA but still not working. After that I updated to Bios F8 (it was F4). I tried to install them again and but still not working. Then I copied Tony's Extra folder from his signature but no solution.

I don't want to reinstall like itoolio... but if it is the only solution i'll try.

Ok, take a peek into your /System/Library/Extensions folder and delete any HDAenabler or VoodooHDA kexts. Then delete your Extra folder and substitute the one in my signature. Then run Disk Utilities with MultiBeast. Then reboot- UD2 success. ;)

DCIN said:
I got the same problem as itoolio. This are the steps I followed:

1.- Boot with TonymacP55mBootCD (not the new iBoot CD)
2.- Install MacOS X 10.6
3.- Use PC EFI 10.1
3.- Copy boot, DSDT.aml and Extra folder from CD.
4.- Install Ethernet and NVEnabler 64 (I got no ripples) with Kext Helper b7, and drag /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions to Kext Utility.
5.- Repair Permissions.
Everything worked good.
6.- Update to 10.6.2
Then I got no Sound, but Video still working good.

Did you do the Software Update and pull down the Mac Pro Audio update? If so, that'll break your sound.

Check out the update in the 1st post on Page 1 of this thread..it makes mention of what you need to do if so at the end of the post.

And how should I re-install AppleHDA.kext? With Kext Helper b7? The one I backup from 10.6.0 or the new one? Should it be in System/Library/Extensions or need to copy it to /Extra/Extensions.

Sorry for these questions, this is my first hackintosh.

There was a link to the correct version on some other page of this thread...I'd look but can't at the moment.

Find the link, Download it, delete the old version from S/L/E, copy the downloaded version to it, run Kext Helper, reboot and you should (hopefully) be good.

I am trying to DL the files from insanelymac, I logged in but can't seem to post or DL anything. anyone else have this issue? really would like to try this out.

I just wanted to add a note that I did a fresh install from the ground up and used multibeast to install the audio on my UD2. It was working great for about 2 weeks but now the audio playback is full of pauses, hisses and crackles. It seems to have degraded over time.

dor said:
tonymacx86 said:
But any UD2 owners can just use my files! ;)
I thought your files are only good for nVidia owners... When I used your DSDT in my setup (UD2 + HD 4870) it didn't work :\

Hmm- the DSDT there doesn't have any Graphics edits- just /Extra has NVenabler. Try the one from the DSDT Database or MultiBeast. And make sure you're on bios F8.

do i use this: Gigabyte_ALC889_P55.zip LegacyHDA.Kext or the one in 4in2out folder?
OP doesnt specify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back