Contribute
Register

ALC888 32/64-bit AppleHDA.kext (10.6.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the kext, but I have one question - will be 5.1 support on alc888? Stereo (2.1 exactly) is cool, but 5.1 will be more interesting.

Bansaku,

I tried using all of the kexts with my motherboard (Dell Studio XPS 435T) with a ALC888/ALC1200 codec (Windows reports 888, Linux reports 1200).

If I were able to supply a codec dump from Linux, could you check it out and see if I could get audio working with my onboard sound via a patched kext?

Hello,

I lost my audio after updating from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7. I removed old audio kexts and tried many combinations of the kexts you supplied at beginning of this thread still to no avail. I have this comp setup:

Gigabyte ep45-ud3l, 9800 gtx, has alc 888 sound. I'm using yor edited dsdt.aml for my board and bios.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just downloaded your AppleHDA.kext for 10.6.7. It's giving me partial success, but I can't get sound. I have added HDEF to my DSDT. This makes the alc888 show up in system profiler with 4 ports. After I add your AppleHDA it shows with 10 ports and the sound icon appears in the menu bar. But I get no sound. Changing the output port in MIDI setup to S/PDIF makes the port light, but I haven't got an amp handy to see if I get proper signal from it.

I tried the alternative kext, but it doesn't give me anything.

Can you tell me anything I can tweak in the kext that might make it work? Or can I send you any info that would allow you to update it to also work on my system?

Thanks bansaku,

AppleHDA.ALC888.(10.6.7)(alt).kext.zip works on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR with ALC888 under 10.6.7
I guess I tried at least 20 other methods.

S

Is this thread still being watched?

I'm trying to get audio working on my GA-P35-DS3L. I've tried both AppleHDA kexts and I have sound at the front panel but not at the back. I haven't messed with my DSDT at all.

What to try next?

GA EP35 DS3L here. Have 10.6.7 working but can only get VoodoHDA output.

Got AppleHDA working only in 10.6.4, and it's better sound quality.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back