Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD
CPU
G6900
Graphics
RX 6600
Hi folks, i have 10.8.4 on GA-B75M-D3H(rev. 1.1) without DSDT, and after trying all possible AppleHDA ALC887 options in the latest multibeast - i'm still getting a 30 seconds delay on "macx_swapon SUCCESS" and then another 60 seconds delay when the desktop shows up.

If i remove AppleHDA & HDAEnabler1 then everything boots fine, but without sound obviously. VoodooHDA is not an option because it's not functional, and never been.

Does anyone knows of any solution?

Thanks in advance)

Hi folks, i have 10.8.4 on GA-B75M-D3H(rev. 1.1) without DSDT, and after trying all possible AppleHDA ALC887 options in the latest multibeast - i'm still getting a 30 seconds delay on "macx_swapon SUCCESS" and then another 60 seconds delay when the desktop shows up.
Why is this an audio problem? What are you comparing this with?

Because it's a fresh install, i have nothing but FakeSMC and Realtek network driver in S/L/E. Normally the system should boot in less than 10 seconds, and it boots in less than 10 seconds without audio. With audio it boots in about 1.6 minutes. Is it normal?

When i install AppleHDA with 887 HDAEnabler from multibeast - it hangs on macx_swapon SUCCESS and then after the desktop appears it takes another minute till i can move the mouse.

First i though it has something to do with GFX card, but i tried two different Nvidia cards and it still happens.

Removed everything except FakeSMC, tried all Non-DSDT AppleHDA 887 solutions from the latest Multibeast 5.5.1, and i'm still getting a 60 seconds USB freeze on each boot...

Then i gave up and did a clean 10.8.5 install, but still got this USB freeze right after installing AppleHDA.

Interesting - i get this freeze only when audio works, when it doesn't works the system boots fine.

Why is this an audio problem? What are you comparing this with?

Those of us suffering from the issue believe it's an audio problem because it's caused by the HDAEnabler1.kext - without the kext no audio, with the kext audio with delayed boot and unresponsive mouse. Most of us are comparing our boot times with audio and without audio kext installed.

The kext causing the issue is for enabling audio and by posting in this section we have a better chance of someone with audio kext experience seeing our post, and possibly helping us.

Spang1974

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back