Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using mutibeast and installing the the ALC8xxHDA.kext and Apple rollback and HDA enabler. I still can't get SL 10.6.6 to detect sound ? Anything else i can try ?

i5 760
Asus P7H55-v
8GB ram
7800gs

Hi,

I have the same problem, I tired everything I could find up to now, but sadly without success, including patching the AppleHDA (I most likely did a lot of things wrong there :p), using legacy HDA kexts and so on.

Mainboard: Asus P8H67-V

Audio: ALC887 (ALC888b)

OS X is 10.6.7. To be honest, I never tried if it worked properly with 10.6.0 or 10.6.6, since I directly installed 10.6.7.

Best regards,
Daniel

well i manged to get line out put with Universal patcher in multibest so its all good. But now i have encountered a new problem. Shutdown is not working. OS X shuts down but pc is going. Tried the EVOreset and still no good. Tried a few other things still same. Almost there .....

Hi,

I also got it working, over at insanely they had an topic about the Gigabyte ALCs, also covering the ACL887. The solution over there worked, but it is not very satisfactory for me, because I've got an 5.1 speaker system, but all I could manage to enable was analog Stereo (only 1 analog output, the green one). I'm currently working on following this "guide":

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149128

Sounds very promising, even if it is a bit more complicated. I've heard that there is a script that does all that for you, but still couldn't find it. Well, shouldn't be too hard to do by hand.

But for now my #1 priority is to get my 560Ti to run with 1920x1080, so working on the PC is a bit easier. For now all I got is up to 1280x1024... Seems to be a long road to go.

yeah geting HDA to work would be great. That will make my system a full blown Mac. :D

I dont suppose you have a link to the page on insanly mac I've looked around but havnt found anything i have a p8h67 board as well and will settle'for any audio at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back