CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After getting a second SSD, I decided to try to run High Sierra on this laptop (in bio/profile.) I've ran El Cap before fine, but have upgraded the CPU and changed out the WiFI card so decided to start from scratch. The laptop booting guide got me a working machine, and I managed to get everything working pretty easily except the audio. I tried to follow the Guide for Apple Realtek/cloverALC and after doing the DSDT patches for IRQ and AudioID injection (though I had to change it to layout 1 instead of 3 for cloverALC to "work") and everything seemed to go well, but after a reboot, still no audio devices show up. I posted on the Audio guide thread for help but was told they don't support laptops and to come over here. I attached all the same files as I did to that post to this one which includes IOReg, Boot Log, Clover folder ACPI, config and kexts, etc.

Attachments

• NoSound.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
After getting a second SSD, I decided to try to run High Sierra on this laptop (in bio/profile.) I've ran El Cap before fine, but have upgraded the CPU and changed out the WiFI card so decided to start from scratch. The laptop booting guide got me a working machine, and I managed to get everything working pretty easily except the audio. I tried to follow the Guide for Apple Realtek/cloverALC and after doing the DSDT patches for IRQ and AudioID injection (though I had to change it to layout 1 instead of 3 for cloverALC to "work") and everything seemed to go well, but after a reboot, still no audio devices show up. I posted on the Audio guide thread for help but was told they don't support laptops and to come over here. I attached all the same files as I did to that post to this one which includes IOReg, Boot Log, Clover folder ACPI, config and kexts, etc.

Use Mirone HDA patcher.
See details/links in FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back