Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I use an Fujitsu laptop UH552 a year or more since OS X 10.8.xx anyway.
It has worked fantastic with help from RehabMan in this forum, and I use now 10.10.2.

It is just one very small but important detail that I can not figure out, and that is hdmi audio out.
This machine has a HD4000 cpu, and the sound card is ALC269VB6.

I am using VoodooHda 2.8.4. (2.8.7 also ok) installed with MB 7.2

All ports are visible in preference pane, meaning speakers, mic, and hdmi port. Also the hdmi port sends out full HD video to a TV set. But with no sound.

Lately i searched for this problem and found a AppleHDA patched for alc269. In combination with HdaEnabler (layout 3) that works for internal speakers and mic. However the hdmi port will not show up in preference pane or midi setup. The port sends however full HD video out, but no audio.
I also tried MB 7.2 with its possibilities for alc269.
At the moment I am back on Voodoo 2.8.4 since its the most promising so far, the port is also seen in Ioreg.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• MacBook Air 5.2.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
  • DSDT.aml
    34.2 KB · Views: 131
Hi,

I use an Fujitsu laptop UH552 a year or more since OS X 10.8.xx anyway.
It has worked fantastic with help from RehabMan in this forum, and I use now 10.10.2.

It is just one very small but important detail that I can not figure out, and that is hdmi audio out.
This machine has a HD4000 cpu, and the sound card is ALC269VB6.

I am using VoodooHda 2.8.4. (2.8.7 also ok) installed with MB 7.2

All ports are visible in preference pane, meaning speakers, mic, and hdmi port. Also the hdmi port sends out full HD video to a TV set. But with no sound.

Lately i searched for this problem and found a AppleHDA patched for alc269. In combination with HdaEnabler (layout 3) that works for internal speakers and mic. However the hdmi port will not show up in preference pane or midi setup. The port sends however full HD video out, but no audio.
I also tried MB 7.2 with its possibilities for alc269.
At the moment I am back on Voodoo 2.8.4 since its the most promising so far, the port is also seen in Ioreg.

Thanks for any help!

Your ioreg is corrupt, so I didn't look at it.

HDMI-audio on Ivy/Sandy has several requirements:
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDEF objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Thanks RehabMan,

I will have another try with this patched AppleHda then, and have a look at at your files.

Your ioreg is corrupt, so I didn't look at it.

HDMI-audio on Ivy/Sandy has several requirements:
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDEF objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Hi RehabMan,

I try again patched AppleHDA, from the screen dump I think one can see that it has hdmi audio. Its not working yet.
I was then thinking of using this part from your default plist files. Not sure how to enable that part or if its right part.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio HD4000 0x01660003, port 0304</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AwQAAAAEAACBAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AwQAAAAIAAAGAAAA</data>
</dict>

Also I can see hda-gfx = onboard-1 but have not checked all objects in dsdt yet.
Strange my Ioreg was corrupted I try again.
I also tried your patch with MaciASL: fix IRQ and Audio layout (at the bottom) I used layout 28 as I read about that for a Fujitsu 572. Maybe am wrong.

Attachments

• Ioreg hdmiaudio applehda269.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IOreg HDEF.tiff
    421.2 KB · Views: 122
Hi RehabMan,

I try again patched AppleHDA, from the screen dump I think one can see that it has hdmi audio. Its not working yet.
I was then thinking of using this part from your default plist files. Not sure how to enable that part or if its right part.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio HD4000 0x01660003, port 0304</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AwQAAAAEAACBAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AwQAAAAIAAAGAAAA</data>
</dict>

Also I can see hda-gfx = onboard-1 but have not checked all objects in dsdt yet.
Strange my Ioreg was corrupted I try again.
I also tried your patch with MaciASL: fix IRQ and Audio layout (at the bottom) I used layout 28 as I read about that for a Fujitsu 572. Maybe am wrong.

The ioreg is corrupt.

If you want me to look at it, provide a valid file...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

The ioreg is corrupt.

Hi RehabMan,

I am sorry, I had wrong version. This is the IOReg from the link you gave.
Happy if you can look at it. Speakers and microphone works with this patched AppleHDA at the moment.
I get picture , full HD, on the hdmi out, but no sound and hdmi not showing in Settings.

Attachments

• MacBook Air.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 140
The ioreg is corrupt.

Hi RehabMan,

I am sorry, I had wrong version. This is the IOReg from the link you gave.
Happy if you can look at it. Speakers and microphone works with this patched AppleHDA at the moment.
I get picture , full HD, on the hdmi out, but no sound and hdmi not showing in Settings.

What do you mean by "speakers and microphone works"... "but no sound". Seems like a contradiction.

You do not have the necessary patches to the framebuffer to enable HDMI audio (connector-type is 00 04 00 00/DP in all cases). You need to change that connector type to HDMI (00 08 00 00).

There are patches for this in my Clover laptop repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config. If you're not using Clover you can apply the patches manually with a tool like 'patcho' or with a hex editor.

It appears you have the other components in place for HDMI-audio ("hda-gfx"="onboard-1" injection on HDEF and IGPU).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back